PDA

View Full Version : "Thought of the Day"

frugal-one
3-6-11, 12:09pm
"Happiness is not a brilliant climax to years of grim struggle and anxiety. It is a long succession of little decisions simply to be happy in the moment."- J. Donald Walters

SiouzQ.
3-6-11, 7:43pm
I like that, Frugal One!

Here is one I had on my fridge long ago when I first got into Simple Living ~ "Frugality without creativity is deprivation."
I'm not sure if I saw that somewhere or if I made it up but it is how I have lived my life all these years!

Sad Eyed Lady
3-6-11, 8:45pm
I still very much like the ever-popular "Live simple that others may simply live".

redfox
3-6-11, 9:08pm
"What if the hokey-pokey IS what it's all about?" :)

flowerseverywhere
3-6-11, 10:38pm
Probably a version of this quote is by somebody famous but I use it every day when I critique my own art work. I so some art every day- I paint, draw, quilt and work with clay, mostly on the potters wheel. I heard a version of this quote in a workshop one day.

"Art is defined by it's weakest element"

It makes me look at the weakest part of each piece and work on improving that as I move forward. As I thought about it this could also relate to human beings. We are often defined by our weakest element. No matter what a great person you are you may be remembered for being bossy, or overweight, or sarcastic for instance.

morris_rl
3-9-11, 1:55pm
"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."
Anonymous

frugal-one
3-9-11, 5:53pm
"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."
Anonymous

hehe!!!

Gardenarian
3-14-11, 4:53pm
“Wealth consists not in having great possessions but in having few wants.”