PDA

View Full Version : I was bad ;)

Life_is_Simple
1-1-11, 2:58pm
Today I went shopping to get a relaxation CD for 1/2 price. Yesterday I was shopping for a laptop, to buy before the end of the year to take off my 2010 business taxes.

Yes, I was out there with all the other shoppers on a Holiday, where we should be home relaxing and not shopping:doh:

We all had good reasons... :cool:

peggy
1-1-11, 6:11pm
Well, if you got a good deal, and you were planning to buy those things anyway, think of it as saving some life hours you would have had to work to pay the higher price. And, it gave you an opportunity to people watch.:0

Mrs-M
1-1-11, 7:08pm
I second Peggy's thoughts. I say good on you for running after any and all deals you could find that conformed to your interests and wants and ideals. Job well done.

razz
1-1-11, 8:03pm
Why were you bad? sounds like a good use of your time and money to me.

Tenngal
1-2-11, 9:59am
I am also out shopping for a laptop and not too sure that I should be spending the money. Don't know how to make the idea go away!

Life_is_Simple
1-2-11, 11:33am
Well, if you got a good deal, and you were planning to buy those things anyway, think of it as saving some life hours you would have had to work to pay the higher price. And, it gave you an opportunity to people watch.:0
I did get to people watch. It looked like one woman was making a day of it, as she had bags from 3-4 different stores. The parking lots were full, and makes one think that the economy is on the upswing!

Life_is_Simple
1-2-11, 11:37am
I am also out shopping for a laptop and not too sure that I should be spending the money. Don't know how to make the idea go away!
Well, it's always better to start looking before you actually need something. I tend to wait too long on laptops. Right now my current one is having technical difficulties.

I'm not helping you make the idea go away, am I? ;)

Life_is_Simple
1-2-11, 11:40am
Mrs-M & 2010razz

It was a good use of my time and money. I just didn't want to be a part of the consumer madness.

However, I started thinking that some of these people probably had worked at their jobs up to the last minute, spent all their spare time buying gifts for others, and FINALLY had the opportunity to get a little something for themselves with no time pressure

saguaro
1-2-11, 12:12pm
Since this was a thought out purchase, that doesn't seem so bad to me.

I am off to the malls myself today. Need clothes badly....been "shopping my closet" over the last couple of years due to the economy but my personal "store" has run out.

Gina
1-2-11, 12:20pm
'Shopping' is often necessary research which can lead to saving money on purchases that are necessary, or add to the quality of life. It does not necessarily equate to 'buying', which is the next step. ;)

I also need to begin shopping again for some clothes. I've worn the same things for so long they are starting to get shabby, it's time...