PDA

View Full Version : Hello from La Grande oregon

new2oregon
1-1-14, 8:30pm
I joined today and wanted to introduce myself. This is the first time I have seen this forum. I am a 55 year old man who moved to Oregon from N.H. to live a simple life. I was married for the last 22 years and starting over. It is hard right now just me and my dog but its a new year so I need to try new things. Time to make new friends and really work on whats important in life. My goal is to get my cost of living as cheap as I can and enjoy life. The things I like to do don't cost a lot of money. I like flea markets, farmers markets, camping, fishing, hikeing, gardening, anything in nature.

Lainey
1-1-14, 8:35pm
Hello and welcome, new2oregon. Looking forward to your participation and your tales of simple living.

razz
1-1-14, 8:39pm
:welcome: There are a lot of smart frugalisties on this site so pitch right in with questions and suggestions.

fidgiegirl
1-1-14, 8:40pm
Hello, you will find lots of kindreds here on the site. What is your favorite thing about Oregon so far?

Tussiemussies
1-1-14, 8:48pm
Hi! Glad you found these great forums. Think you will get some great ideas from others about living frugally! Wishing you all the best in your new adventure!

Simplemind
1-1-14, 10:53pm
Hello fellow Oregonian :welcome:

Tiam
1-1-14, 11:12pm
Hello. Fellow Oregonian here also. Southern Oregon. Welcome. May I ask what brings you specifically to La Grande?

new2oregon
1-2-14, 12:52am
Tiam, My daughter goes to EOU and I got to visit her and saw what La Grande was like. I felt like home here and it so much more affordable than N.H. I have seen Portland but that is way too crazy for me. Thanks for the welcome everyone.

KayLR
1-2-14, 12:20pm
Welcome from a neighbor to the north! Sounds like you've found a great place to make some like-minded friends, albeit virtual. I look forward to your contributions.

Gardenarian
1-2-14, 3:15pm
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found a place that feels like home.

SiouzQ.
1-2-14, 6:47pm
Welcome here, new2oregon! . This is a great place to get motivated and inspired to try new things!
PS: We sound like two peas in a pod as far as our " likes."

Selah
1-3-14, 10:52am
Hi, new2oregon! I was born in your neighboring state, Washington, and have spent some time in beautiful Depoe Bay, Oregon, so do put that on your list of places to take your dog to see! :) Yes, you will find loads of wonderful, helpful, supportive, wise, and very kind people here. Welcome aboard!

chauddog
1-19-14, 5:40pm
Welcome new2oregon from another newbie. I lived for 10 years in Washington State and spent many wonderful vacation in various parts of the beautiful state of Oregon. I am sure it will be a great place for you! I am in the process of relocating to Vermont and one of the big reasons is that it reminds me so much of Oregon. Good luck and keep us updated!