PDA

View Full Version : Warriors, the myth

Xmac
1-3-14, 3:05pm
Warriors are not what you think of as warriors.
The warrior is not someone who fights, because no one has the right to take another life.
The warrior, for us, is one who sacrifices himself for the good of others.
His task is to take care of the elderly, the defenseless those who cannot provide for themselves, and above all the children, future of humanity.
-Sitting Bull

I love this. To me this says, when the war inside is over, it has to end on the outside. The glorification of fighting (especially, "fighting the good fight"), righteous war, enemies, etc., are just misunderstandings of language which have perpetuated violence.

Gardenarian
1-3-14, 3:40pm
I love that. I have often thought of myself as more of a Ranger (heavy Lord of the Rings influence) because I equated 'Warrior' with 'War Mongering'. This quote is so beautifully clear - that we must fight for, and protect, the good and innocent (and I would add, the Earth.)

Thank you for sharing!

Xmac
1-3-14, 5:21pm
This quote is so beautifully clear - that we must fight for, and protect, the good.....

Just noticing the above in connection to the first part of the second line:

"The warrior is not someone who fights"

bae
1-3-14, 5:53pm
I suspect most of the population doesn't understand warriors. Or violence.

Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there;
Eighty are nothing but targets;
Nine are real fighters….We are lucky to have them….They make the battle.
Ah; but one; one of them is a Warrior….And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus

Xmac
1-3-14, 9:39pm
Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there;
Eighty are nothing but targets;
Nine are real fighters….We are lucky to have them….They make the battle.
Ah; but one; one of them is a Warrior….And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus

The one who not only sees the way home but can show the way home.
Thanks Bae