PDA

View Full Version : January Gratitude

RosieTR
1-4-14, 10:53pm
I wasn't very active posting in Dec, but the thread did make me think about what I was grateful for. Therefore, I thought it would be nice to start January. I was grateful I didn't have to go to work today! It snowed just enough that my commute would have been horrible but not enough to have been a snow day. Since it's Saturday I got to stay home and make muffins, scoop the walk, read for some time, do a couple of projects, etc. and I was grateful for a quiet winter day.

nswef
1-5-14, 12:32pm
I love this thread. I suppose I am grateful for it! I am greatful for my writers' group offered free at the library just 10 minutes' drive away. The leader is kind, helpful and just full of good ideas. The members of the group are interesting and quite talented. I always feel good after the group and they meet twice a month!!

SteveinMN
1-6-14, 9:39am
Grateful I can stay in a warm dry house (for which we can afford the heat) while the outside air temperature is -20* F (-30* C). Not weather for the faint of heart...

Float On
1-6-14, 9:44am
Flexible part-time job that allows me to stay home when I don't want to get out in -5 weather. And from what Steve just posted, very grateful I don't live any further north than I do....I am a bit 'faint of heart' when it comes to cold temps.

Azure
1-6-14, 5:41pm
Grateful to have arrived at work safe and warm at 6 am this frigid morning, thanks to my DH snow blowing the driving and letting me use his jeep.

Gardenarian
1-6-14, 7:17pm
Thanks for starting the thread, RosieTR!

I am feeling very grateful for everything today - the view out my window, my dh and dd, my neighbors and friends, my dogs, my home, my imagination - just everything.

larknm
1-11-14, 8:53pm
Grateful that all my current family members are alive at the same time right now: DH, 4 dogs, 1 parrot. My friends too.

Gardenarian
1-13-14, 5:42pm
I'm grateful that I'm able to walk (a little) again.

I'm also grateful for all that I've learned in the past. So much.

Azure
1-24-14, 6:54pm
Grateful for talented massage therapists. I feel so much better thanks to her talented hands!

JaneV2.0
1-24-14, 9:34pm
I'm grateful for all I've learned from my month with extra dietary constraints. I've learned to make good mayonnaise, passable ketchup, clarified butter, and I'm working on fermenting. I've also learned that I'm not ready to live without dairy or sweetness--and after six more days, I won't have to. I'm also happy that we've had a relatively mild winter.