PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck! A completely different kind of job I'm going for.....

gimmethesimplelife
1-27-14, 12:28pm
Out of nowhere, a job as an at-home editor for a mystery shopping company I have shopped for before has opened up (and I know this company to be legit) and I am going for it. This sounds like something right up my alley because I can write well when I apply myself and I have attention to detail when I want to. I also like the idea of minimal human contact to be quite honest - years of waiting tables and always being "on" will do that to you.

Wish me luck! I'd so love to work at home and I seem to meet all the requirements of this position.....Will update as to how this goes. Rob

Valley
1-27-14, 12:42pm
Good luck to you Rob. Your abilities seem to be a good fit...let us know how it goes!:)

Spartana
1-27-14, 12:55pm
Good luck Rob. I think that if you can increase your income to $16,000 (easily doable with even a minimum wage full time job, a couple of minimum wage part time jobs or even a seasonal job with lots of overtime) you'll be able to qualify for almost 100% health insurance coverage subsidies via the ACA. When I put an income level of $16,000 for one 50 y.o. into the Calif ACA website this is what it said:

Due to your income level, you qualify for the Enhanced Silver 94 plans, which provide assistance with out-of-pocket costs in addition to premium assistance. Enhanced Silver 94 plans will cover an average of 94% of costs, meaning that, on average, you will be responsible for 6% of your health care costs.

I can not get the subsidies myself because I use the VA hospital, but have a very basic EPO Silver level plan that costs me about $625/month for premiums and a total out of pocket annual of $6350 - which the VA will cover if I get care at the VA rather than use a private doctor (The VA bills my private insurer for re-payment for any treatment I receive there). So you should be able to get an even more comprehensive plan (even a Platinum level plan) that may have a $1000/month or more premium and no out of pocket costs for close to free thanks to the ACA. Sounds like with a small income increase you'll be able to meet your health insurance needs so you won't need to go to Mexico anymore.

JaneV2.0
1-27-14, 1:23pm
Break a pencil!

Teacher Terry
1-27-14, 2:53pm
Good luck Rob!!!!

catherine
1-27-14, 3:01pm
Break a pencil!

;) I'm a theatre major but it still took me a second to get that one .. haha!

Rob, good luck with the job--sounds like fun!

Gardenarian
1-27-14, 4:06pm
Sounds like a perfect fit for your Rob. Good luck!!

lhamo
1-27-14, 5:00pm
Good luck, Rob!

CathyA
1-27-14, 5:12pm
Keeping my fingers crossed for your Rob!

CathyA
1-27-14, 5:13pm
Break a pencil!

LOL!

Float On
1-27-14, 5:28pm
I hope that works out for you - good luck!

razz
1-27-14, 6:36pm
Wishing you success!

Lainey
1-27-14, 7:32pm
Sounds wonderful and I'm rooting for you.

Also, timing is funny because I was going to mention to you (and others) another income idea: proctoring. There's a company called "Smart Proctoring" which uses mobile proctors assigned to meet students at various testing locations. Supposedly pay is $25 - $30/hr. I don't know any other details but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

gimmethesimplelife
1-27-14, 7:53pm
Sounds wonderful and I'm rooting for you.

Also, timing is funny because I was going to mention to you (and others) another income idea: proctoring. There's a company called "Smart Proctoring" which uses mobile proctors assigned to meet students at various testing locations. Supposedly pay is $25 - $30/hr. I don't know any other details but I thought it would be worth mentioning.Lainey, Thank You - I will research this online and see if I can find any leads to this in Phoenix. Thank you! Rob

SteveinMN
1-28-14, 1:15pm
Good luck, Rob.

Jilly
1-28-14, 1:37pm
Yay!

ToomuchStuff
1-29-14, 10:35am
Are you sure your a detailed oriented person in your writting? Because if I wished you bad luck, I would still be wishing you luck.:~):doh:

Good luck.