PDA

View Full Version : 新年快乐 Happy New Year!

redfox
1-31-14, 3:22am
The fireworks have started in SE Seattle! Happy year of the Horse!

gimmethesimplelife
1-31-14, 4:59am
Hmmm.....I wonder if this is going to be a stellar year for me based on this being the year of the Horse? I was born in 1966, not only am I a horse but I'm also a Fire Horse.....Rob

JaneV2.0
1-31-14, 9:24am
I thought the city shut those fireworks down. No matter, Happy New Year to all!

SteveinMN
1-31-14, 10:01am
Gung Hay Fat Choy!

redfox
1-31-14, 12:02pm
I thought the city shut those fireworks down. No matter, Happy New Year to all!

There is no way the city could ever silence Chinese New Year! I anticipate not getting much sleep this weekend.

Spartana
1-31-14, 1:22pm
Happy Tet to you all! I live in the largest Vietnamese community in the world outside of Vietnam and we always have a HUGE Tet (Vietnamese New Year) festival. Parade tomorrow morning and festivities all week long! I actually just put my house up for sale, with an open house this weekend, because there are so many out of town Vietnamese-Americans visiting the area that I thought I might be able to entice one of them to buy my house ;-)! Especially those visiting from the frozen mid-west!

And the Barkinator (my yappy little dog) is loving all the fireworks and firecrackers and running amok all day and night in the backyard...barking of course :-)!

happystuff
1-31-14, 5:04pm
"Say hay boke-mahn he pah du say oh".... or Happy Seol-Nal or Sol-nal in Korea! We were supposed to go out to dinner tonight to celebrate but it seems wrestling takes presidence... LOL.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!!!!

Lainey
1-31-14, 10:16pm
Hmmm.....I wonder if this is going to be a stellar year for me based on this being the year of the Horse? I was born in 1966, not only am I a horse but I'm also a Fire Horse.....Rob

Rob, my Chinese sign is a horse also. I think this is going to be a great year!

Gardenarian
2-1-14, 4:35pm
Happy New Year!
How did you get the Chinese characters? Very cool.

RosieTR
2-1-14, 5:06pm
We made longevity noodles and I got some plum wine to be a little festive! But not many Asians around here so no fireworks, thankfully, since one of our dogs *hates* them. Also it was snowing and fairly chilly so nobody would have wanted to be out watching them anyway.

redfox
2-1-14, 5:12pm
Happy New Year!
How did you get the Chinese characters? Very cool.

I asked the Google, then copied n pasted!