PDA

View Full Version : February's Three Things

Dhiana
2-1-14, 6:12pm
I finished the outline and also the layout for my cookbook in January, yay!!
Also, did great organizing my studio/office last month. I should be able to finish on Monday, YAY!!

February's Three Things:
1. Make the stitch designs I've created to be photographed for the book.
2. Get my hair cut.
3. Finish the Photoshop Digital Classroom book! Learning the program at the beginning will make everything else go smoother
later in the project.

HappyHiker
2-1-14, 6:17pm
That's great achievement..my goal is to end my writing silence and get writing...wrote and posted a piece on my webzine VibrantVillage.com--about healthy eating...it's a passion of mine. I see it is for you too! Excited about your cookbook!

mschrisgo2
2-1-14, 11:19pm
For the next week:
1) Finish cleaning out files,
2) Move the rest of the teaching materials on to other teachers
2) Post 3 items on eBay (carry-over from last week)

redfox
2-2-14, 12:02am
1. Reclaim weaving studio from total chaos & get back to rug in process
2. Find yoga teacher
3. Go back to singing circle

danna
2-2-14, 11:00am
Feb02/14
Today I will
---dust my house before it walks away from me...lol
---start on one of two sock monkeys I need to make this month
---make a large pot of tomato soup to eat and freeze

Last month I started posted on this thread and before I knew it I was really getting a lot more done....but waned a little towards the end of
the month. Here hoping this gets me going again...

danna
2-3-14, 11:08am
Feb .03/14
--finish one sock monkey
--cut and sew 16 napkins from sheeting for gifts
--read paper work on desk from credit card companies and file

Feb02/14
Today I will
---dust my house before it walks away from me...lol DONE and house feels good
---start on one of two sock monkeys I need to make this month DONE cut out and ready to sew
---make a large pot of tomato soup to eat and freeze DONE

Gardenarian
2-3-14, 3:32pm
Today, 2/3/14:

1) Start (finish?) putting my detailed book outline onto the computer.
2) Get dd organized for the coming week (she's taking 3 college classes this semester - and 3 dance classes, and tae kwon do, and wilderness survival, and choir, while doing Italian and History on her own. A lot for a 14 year old to keep track of.)
3) Spend some time on my journal and making mind maps. I'm trying to retain that wonderful vacation feeling now that I'm back at work.

~ BREATHE ~

early morning
2-3-14, 7:17pm
You guys are making me feel really guilty - but I'm too tired for three things tonight! So for tomorrow night -
1. take 2 boxes of upstairs items upstairs.
2. put away the clothes (from chair back to closet)
3. either wash a load of laundry or wash out some delicates by hand

really you all are doing great - thanks for keeping me inspired!

danna
2-7-14, 10:32pm
Hi there....been missing in action for the last couple of days but, mostly been busy doing things just not writing them down.
So this is were I am at.

Feb .03/14
--finish one sock monkey....DONE
--cut and sew 16 napkins from sheeting for gifts....DONE
--read paper work on desk from credit card companies and file...DONE

Feb02/14
Today I will
---dust my house before it walks away from me...lol DONE and house feels good
---start on one of two sock monkeys I need to make this month DONE cut out and ready to sew
---make a large pot of tomato soup to eat and freeze DONE

So for Feb 08/14
---declutter my file drawer of old and excess paper
---paperwork and bank deposit for my weight loss group
---go to Costco and bank

Selah
2-8-14, 3:51pm
Tomorrow:

1. Do morning routine (bathe, dress, chores).
2. Do three slightly tedious but necessary errands in town.
3. Go see the doctor--ugh.

Gee, that doesn't sound like much fun...I'd rather buy a sock monkey from danna, above, and have THAT on my to-do list!

mschrisgo2
2-8-14, 6:18pm
From this past week:

1) Finish cleaning out files - still working in this
2) Move the rest of the teaching materials on to other teachers
------DONE: 2 boxes of materials, 2 boxes of art supplies, 1 box of books- all dropped off today
3) Post 3 items on eBay (carry-over from last week) - 1 DONE

So what I've realized is that these "3 THINGS" that needed to be done and have been hanging on my To Do list and bugging me for months, were each actually about a weeks' worth of work.

For example, #2 involved culling through many boxes of stuff, other parts of which are either going to my daughter's house or went into the trash. All together, I got rid of 9 cartons of stuff.

#1, cleaning out the files, so far this week I've taken out 4 bags of shredding and 7 bags non-shredded, emptying 5 boxes and 3 bags. And I'm not finished yet. I still have 7 boxes here, and I'm determined to keep only 3 boxes: 1 each, professional, personal, old (filed) taxes.

#3, got 1 eBay listing done, boxed, weighed, ready to go; that will bring a tidy sum when sold.

------As for the rest of the listings I need to do, this will be time intensive. I have about 60 small collectible vintage dolls, some I will sell as lots, but many should go individually. At least I now have them all in one place and all of the packaging materials gathered. I am hereby officially putting that off for another couple of weeks, until after I get the files finished.

Again, I have to say how much I really appreciate this thread of goal setting. Not only does it help me stay on track, but it's a tremendous help to see what has been accomplished, and a huge help in being more realistic about the time involved in getting these tasks completed.

My goal for the coming week: finish the files.

early morning
2-9-14, 10:38am
mschrisgo2, way to go - those are three pretty big things! I am so not good at this anymore - this thread really helps keep me plugging away. Today, I want to:
1. visit Mom and not be in such a hurry to get in and out
2. sweep the floor in the kitchen and mop up the spots where the cats eat
3. find records of bills paid that the hospital is still billing us for, so I can call them this week and find out what's up. (if my files were up to date, this wouldn't be an issue, but sadly, that's not the case...:|()

nswef
2-9-14, 12:23pm
L'm in today! Must get motivated. 1. mend long johns 2. hem jeans 3. dust

danna
2-9-14, 1:08pm
So for Feb 08/14
---declutter my file drawer of old and excess paper....DONE and they look really good if I say so myself
---paperwork and bank deposit for my weight loss group....DONE but I realized while doing it there is one report I have
missed doing........so I will add to next list
---go to Costco and bank......Got to Costco DONE today still need to go to bank

Feb 09/14
--set up new lamp for sewing area
--iron napkins I made and some actual ironing
--clean bathroom

Selah the sock monkeys are really easy and can all be done by had if you don't use a machine.
They are a lot of fun because I just use $ store socks and you can suit then to the child...
If you google there are all kinds of instructions for different types and sizes of socks.

Selah
2-12-14, 4:18am
Thanks for the tip, danna! I don't have a sewing machine but would like to take up some kind of basic hand sewing for simple projects like aprons, and now sock monkeys! I'll have a look!

Today's three things:

1. Complete morning routine (chores done already this morning, now just to bathe and dress).
2. Assemble tax documents...UGH!
3. Work.

Jeez, not a very fun-filled set of goals, is it?

early morning
2-14-14, 6:45pm
Today was full of errands but still wanted to get 3 things done around the house:
1. wash mattress pad/hang over heat to dry (AM -only have 1)
2. change bedding (PM - after above pad dries)
3. change one litter box
4. call cuz and wish her happy birthday
ALL DONE - yay! Now I can go read my book...

Selah
2-15-14, 1:49pm
Between now and bedtime tonight:

1. Finish laundry
2. Record script for impatient client
3. Enter appointment reminders for the week into my phone--what a great free app Life Reminders is--has saved my kosher bacon on more than a few occasions already, and I've only been using it for two weeks!

Gardenarian
2-15-14, 4:01pm
1. vacuum and spot clean floors
2. oil change and tires rotated
3. laundry

mschrisgo2
2-15-14, 5:58pm
Goal for this Week: finish the files- mostly DONE

re: cleaning out the files, so far this week I've taken out 4 bags of shredding and 7 bags non-shredded, emptying 5 boxes and 3 bags. And I'm not finished yet. I still have 7 boxes here, and I'm determined to keep only 3 boxes: 1 each, professional, personal, old (filed) taxes.

I settled for 5 boxes to keep: 3 professional, i personal, 1 old tax papers.

I now have only a pile of papers to use to file 2013 taxes, then those get filed away also, and this task will be all DONE. I also set up an on-going system that is easy to use, so things won't get out of hand again.

For this weekend:
1) bathe and groom dog
2) clean living room, bedroom, and hall carpet.

For Monday/Tuesday: do taxes.

mschrisgo2
2-15-14, 9:01pm
Clean carpet - DONE!
And looks so nice, I love my Hoover SteamVac Spin and Scrub! My daughter picked it up from someone on Freecycle, I wondered if it would work or was broken, but it's perfect!!

fidgiegirl
2-15-14, 9:55pm
I had better join in!! Feeling a bit stagnant tonight. My energy level is low, so I need to be forgiving, but it's hard - lots to do, as always.

1. Tax paperwork for Monday's appointment
2. Slipcover planning
3. Meal planning

early morning
2-16-14, 10:08am
Gone all day yesterday so got NOTHING done at home... but for today's three:
1. change a litter box
2. dust the stairs (HOW does so much cat hair end up on the stairs????)
3. update bank data and organize papers for taxes

fidgiegirl
2-16-14, 6:47pm
We did the tax prep, woo hoo!

I also did a little sewing, though that wasn't on my list.

The fabric is washed for slipcover preparation.

Onward!

mschrisgo2
2-17-14, 12:59am
Sunday- Bathe and groom dog - DONE!!
Woo-Hooo!!

fidgiegirl
2-23-14, 11:49am
I am GOING to make that slipcover today. I swear it. Find myself killing time on the computer AGAIN with the guise of "research" . . . . well, I've already read these articles half a dozen times each! It's time to cut some fabric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fidgiegirl
2-23-14, 2:33pm
Uffda, this slipcover is a lot of work at 34 weeks pregnant. I might have to pause very soon for a nap - the fact that I almost screamed when the bobbin ran out might be a clue. :) I've already had internet and lunch breaks. :) Maybe I'll finish my piping and then see.

redfox
2-23-14, 2:44pm
Uffda, this slipcover is a lot of work at 34 weeks pregnant. I might have to pause very soon for a nap - the fact that I almost screamed when the bobbin ran out might be a clue. :) I've already had internet and lunch breaks. :) Maybe I'll finish my piping and then see.

Slipcovers under any circumstances are challenging! I bow to your tenacity. Please post pics!

Two weeks ago, I had to unexpectedly tear my textile studio (aka the middle bedroom upstairs) apart to get at the internet connection box in the wall, to fix our downed signal. This is no small matter. It sparked a major re-org, which is now done, largely because I've been home with a bronchial infection all week, and could work on it intermittently during the day.

My wool fibre stash is organized & packed safely away in moth proof containers, transparent & labeled, so I can find what I want when the project impulse strikes me. All my sewing & other craft supplies, findings, etc. are organized in labeled bins. Vintage textiles are put away and not getting light exposure any more. The formerly in-parts umbrella swift is back together & operational. Weaving supplies are organized, and the rug loom is back out.

Best of all, weaving shall commence some evening this week! What an ordeal, with a really good outcome. Below is an in-progress pic, and the very handsome CatDude, patiently waiting to 'help' me weave. Back to work tomorrow!

fidgiegirl
2-23-14, 3:03pm
That must feel so good. My craft room was a big weight around my neck for about six months of this year. I just couldn't get myself to organize it. Then I had some kind of breakthrough and just did it. Have been much more productive since that. Congrats!

onlinemoniker
2-23-14, 4:05pm
paid my bills today--so depressing
going food shopping in the evening when it's less busy
got to do some grading...

It's beautiful out there...71.

nswef
2-23-14, 5:01pm
Redfox, What a great organizational job! Am sure the Cat Dude was a huge help. Fidgie, I cannot imagine tackling a slipcover ever again, much less when 34 weeks. Take LOTS of naps.

My three things are 1.- get in steps- done along with nice social time with my friend. 2. work on my book...not done and that's it. Not 3. I'll have 3 tomorrow and hope I get them done.

JaneV2.0
2-23-14, 8:40pm
CatDude is very handsome; no doubt he's a capable overseer for your projects.

redfox
2-23-14, 8:43pm
CatDude is very handsome; no doubt he's a capable overseer for your projects.

Well, HE certainly thinks so! Here's La Princesa Mountain Lion, observing it all...

danna
2-24-14, 10:04pm
So for Feb 08/14
---declutter my file drawer of old and excess paper....DONE and they look really good if I say so myself
---paperwork and bank deposit for my weight loss group....DONE but I realized while doing it there is one report I have
missed doing........so I will add to next list
---go to Costco and bank......Got to Costco DONE today still need to go to bank DONE

Feb 09/14
--set up new lamp for sewing area DONE
--iron napkins I made and some actual ironing DONE
--clean bathroom--Ended up doing a really good job including decluttering and arrange linen/towels/meds/makeup and all the other stuff
also spruced up the decorating a bit with things from other rooms really goods nice.
--Didn't post but, all sewing patterns and took more pictures for selling...DONE
--Sorted my drawers and closet and got a box ready for give away...DONE
and so much more it is surprising when you get a mind and body moving how much gets done....hehe
Feb25/14
1. pick up prescriptions at Pharmacy
2. Shop for a new winter coat at the sales...mine is looking might sad!
3. Prepare program for weight group

early morning
2-24-14, 11:08pm
Things are all a kilter here - trying to stave off depression and rose colored glasses syndrome at the same time, lol..... but this too shall pass. so it's late and I need to sleep, but before I do I need to....
1. write checks and get bills ready to mail/drop off
2. find missing bills?? I don't have many, really, but a new one, for our first month sewer service (boo, hiss!!) I have misplaced and I don't even know where to call for a replacement.
3. hang the load of laundry I finally got around to washing, so I have clean and DRY clothes for work tomorrow.

Selah
2-28-14, 3:18am
Today's goals:
1. Water neighbor's plants and collect her mail.
2. Laundry.
3. Send a thank-you note.

mschrisgo2
3-1-14, 1:18am
Still working on taxes (had to wait for clarification on a couple of things), but I've accomplished quite a few other things in the last 2 weeks.

Selah
3-2-14, 7:12am
Today's goals:
1. Make a days-overdue phone call.
2. Enter weekly schedule reminders into phone app.
3. Keep appointment to visit prospective new client.

Gardenarian
3-24-14, 2:22pm
1. work
2. make sure my dog gets all his meds and treatments
3. make sure I get all my meds and physical therapy

Not exactly making progress here, but trying to hold steady.