PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl!

redfox
2-2-14, 11:53pm
First football game I've watched in 40 years. It was streamed on a big screen in one of the performances spaces at the theatre where I work. My DH & I went to the 2:00 matinee of a really fun show (clown theatre, monks and koans, very physical, fun, and philosophical), then the game. We were surrounded by true believers, and it was a blast. We took the train downtown & back, and Seattle has gone wild. We're queuing up Downton Abbey in a few. What a diverse day of entertainment it's been! Go Seahawks!!!!

iris lilies
2-2-14, 11:58pm
Congrats redfox, it's fun to be a Super Bowl town. I remember when the Rams won more than a decade ago, it was a big deal and a fun time.

KayLR
2-3-14, 2:12pm
Wow, REdfox, I guess you did cover the gamut of entertainment!

Yay, Seahawks! I love a good underdog win! Especially when it's the good guys!

Jilly
2-3-14, 5:33pm
Super what?

Greg44
2-4-14, 5:10pm
Go Seahawks! My wife and dd are Bronco fans, but having the local team (PNW) win was GREAT!

JaneV2.0
2-4-14, 7:28pm
I admit I watched the second half. I'm only sorry it wasn't a shutout.

Alan
2-4-14, 7:35pm
I admit I watched the second half.....I watched until the game was over, and then watched the second half as well.

Lainey
2-4-14, 10:06pm
I watched until the game was over, and then watched the second half as well.

haha -I had to read that twice til I got it!

SteveinMN
2-5-14, 9:00am
I watched until the game was over, and then watched the second half as well.
lol There have been some really good games the past few years. This was not one of them. Even the commercials were largely "meh", IMHO.

The Storyteller
2-5-14, 12:40pm
Even the commercials were largely "meh", IMHO.

I liked the Radio Shack one about the 80s calling.

As to the quality of the game, this is what comes of the "let them play" philosophy of officiating. Let the secondary cheat and the defense will win every time, even over the best offense. Makes for a very dull game.

redfox
2-5-14, 2:55pm
Well, it's crazy town in Seattle. My director texted me to stay home today, as transit is totally tied up with 750,000 fans downtown for the Seahawks parade. I'm watching it streaming online. The Guv has declared a moment of loudness at 12:12. Marshawn Lynch is standing on the hood of his parade vehicle videoing the fans & throwing skittles to the crowd. Wow!

SteveinMN
2-6-14, 8:58am
I liked the Radio Shack one about the 80s calling.
That was one ad I really liked. It was fun to pick out all the '80s icons -- and wonder how they rounded up all that old tech.

Kestrel
2-6-14, 3:00pm
I've been computerless for several days now ... so just now catching up on what's been going on.

We did watch the SuperBowl, but I didn't much care who won since the Niners weren't there. ALWAYS a Niner fan (since '58), but became "fond" of the Seahawks (and I do love ospreys!) when we lived in WA in the '90s, so I suppose I favored them, just a bit. But then there's the Denver Broncos (who stole their name and their colors from our Boise State Broncos) who are as "close" physically as are the Seahawks, so there's the regional thing to consider. Oh it's so hard being a sports fan!!

But wait till next year!! Niners forever!!