PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel over-whelmed?

nithig
3-12-11, 3:26pm
Does the global, environmental problematique ever leave you feeling over-whelmed?

I mean what can you do about ocean acidification, climate, soil salinity, destruction of forests, the sheer amount of junk dumped daily ....

...see what I mean.

If you do ever feel a tad hopeless, beaten up by the sheer persistence of stupidity and greed then perhaps you might like to consider that everything in and on the earth is ultimately, a pattern of energy. That chair which looks so solid ... check it though a powerful microscope ... there it is ... atoms dancing about ... a pattern of energy.

Us too.

So just maybe there is another approach ... more alighned with energy ... achievable but each one of us ... empowering ...

may all be well where you are

Gina
3-12-11, 6:28pm
:spam:

nithig
3-12-11, 10:14pm
That's very negative and opinionated Gina ... why do you feel the need to attack my offering?

Are you suggesting that burn-out and over-whelm are not real symptoms of those who have been
highly committed environmentally but couldn't raise the necessary energy to overcome corporate might?
This week in Tasmania a multi million pulp plant was given the go ahead on a pristine river system.
I'm sure you are aware of the bleaches and other chemicals used in wood pulp and the effect they
have on waterways. Clearly conventional protest, long and well subscived, was not enough.

Perhaps you have all the answers however in my experience no-one does so every
approach has value. There are many roads to the top of the mountain .... why do
you opine that the one I offer has no value?

btw the signature has been around for over 10 yrs on the internet ... it is not something to be hidden.

nithig
3-13-11, 4:23pm
To Gina,
I'm still waiting for you to withdraw your insinuation.
And maybe a 'sorry' wouldn't go astray.

Gina
3-13-11, 4:35pm
Remove the link from your sig line for a year, and then maybe I'd consider that you aren't spamming the place. ;)

nithig
3-13-11, 4:45pm
Since you live in the home of consumer capitalism and the greatest marketer the world has ever witnessed I shall take yr comment with a grain of salt and leave this thread for all to read. Others will make their own assessment.

bae
3-13-11, 4:54pm
I note that the new forums seem to support an ignore list, if you click on a poster's name, it pops up their profile, and one of the options is "Add to Ignore List". How handy is that?

nithig
3-13-11, 5:09pm
thank you bae,

i came invited to this forum in good faith and certainly not to engage in such trivial nonsense
so I shall take yr advice and utilise the ignore list.

Gina
3-13-11, 5:12pm
I note that the new forums seem to support an ignore list, if you click on a poster's name, it pops up their profile, and one of the options is "Add to Ignore List". How handy is that?

Oh, thank you. That is much easier way to do it than going to 'settings' then 'edit ignore list'. I've used it here once in the past, but am not currently. If you place someone on 'ignore' list, you can still see when they post something, and you still have the option of reading it for continuity (if you click on the appropriate box), but you don't have to. And that's the point. It's a great feature.

So if someone doesnt want to read what I have to say, just click on 'Gina' and go from there. ;)