PDA

View Full Version : February Gratitude

SiouzQ.
2-6-14, 5:36pm
I am grateful to have had the day off today, and believe me, I have taken the day off from just about every thing and said screw the agenda, as pretty much all I have done is loll around in bed with the cat and look at a few tattered crows wheeling around in cock-eyed circles in the leaden sky before dozing on and off. My body just doesn't want to deal with anything today, however, I did manage to do some much-needed cleaning and clear a little of the mess off my desk before inertia completely took over. I think I might be fighting off something though, my throat feels funny.

I do find it hard to allow myself to be this way, as it is ingrained in me to go, go, go and DO STUFF. I meant to go to the gym today, and the grocery store, do some work in the studio, play my guitar, practice with my buddy, but none of that has been done and IT'S OKAY (or so I tell myself). I am learning to listen to my body and give in when it's telling me to be STILL when I have the chance to.

RosieTR
2-16-14, 10:49am
I started my run yesterday in a grumpy mood, since it was colder and cloudier than originally predicted. But then I realized that if I lived in New England or Chicago I'd have been facing indoor drudge runs for weeks and was grateful for temps above freezing and clear sidewalks!

razz
2-16-14, 12:38pm
Grateful to watch the birds for the Project Feeder Watch, take note of the variety present and glad that I was able to feed them. I didn't remember seeing snow buntings before and yet this area is their winter home until they return to the Arctic. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/snow_bunting/id

redfox
2-16-14, 1:05pm
Grateful for a warm home, a sweet husband, goofy cats, a weaving room, and today in Seattle -- SUN!!!!!

nswef
2-16-14, 4:06pm
I am grateful for electricity! These past few days would have been horrible if we had lost power- no water as well as light. I am also grateful for helath that lets us get the driveway clear and for the wonderful person who plowed out the end of the driveway for us. Now we are mobile and were able to meet friends for lunch. So much for which to be thankful.

Lainey
2-17-14, 11:13am
Grateful for the wonderful 4 piece jazz band we listened to last night at a local coffee shop. I put money in their tip jar, but they gave us a priceless 2 hours.

Gardenarian
2-17-14, 12:08pm
I'm grateful for the beautiful moon this weekend, that dh returned safely from his trip, for the little bit of rain we had, for the frogs in the pond.

Sad Eyed Lady
2-19-14, 10:42am
http://www.gratefulness.org/

Actually I may have come across this website here so please excuse me for being redundant if I did. But, in case some of you haven't seen it it is worth checking out. There is a peacefulness and calm there; I especially like the candles.