PDA

View Full Version : March/Spring Gratitude

Lainey
3-6-14, 7:20pm
Am actually looking to post something the opposite of "Daily Peeves" (which I've been posting more than usual lately - gotta stop that.)

So this is more of a Kudos than a gratitude, but I recommended someone for a job interview who had initially been passed over. The manager told me that she had read this person's resume and didn't feel like this person would actually want the job. When I emailed the manager directly just to ask her to at least consider her for an interview, she agreed. The job interview was this morning and, according to the job applicant, went very well.

Bottom line, I'm happy that I could enable someone to get her foot in the door, so to speak, and I know she'll be thrilled if she actually gets the job. And I'm grateful the manager was open-minded enough to interview someone who may not have fit 100% of their criteria, at least on paper.

SiouzQ.
3-11-14, 11:04am
I smoked my last cigarette a year ago today! I am so grateful I persevered through the hard moments and didn't give in to the addiction!

Gardenarian
3-11-14, 2:58pm
Congratulations SiouzQ!

I'm thankful that I have enough money. Really feeling grateful for that.

Lainey
3-11-14, 9:09pm
Update to my 3/6 post: She got the job!

fidgiegirl
3-11-14, 9:57pm
Awesome, Lainey! And you too, SQ!

Gardenarian
3-24-14, 2:17pm
I'm grateful that my dog's tests for cancer came back negative (though more tests are in the works.)

Lainey
3-24-14, 9:50pm
Grateful to have seen the fabulous Hollywood Costumes exhibit today at a member preview at our Art Museum. Actual costumes from movies from the 1920s to today with interesting historical tidbits on the signage.

It's rare that Phoenix gets this level of exhibit, and this time we're the only ones west of the Mississippi to have it. A great treat, and a big thank you to the private sponsors who helped bring it to the rest of us.

iris lily
3-26-14, 9:30am
I"m grateful that the weather seems to have worked it's way out of big snow dumps. It's still getting cold on some days, but that is ok with me. I never want to see it get too hot too fast.

Gardenarian
3-26-14, 1:54pm
It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring! Yay!

RosieTR
5-24-14, 10:13pm
Grateful we live on a hill! Some of my friends had flooding problems in their basements after slow-moving thunderstorms yesterday. Also grateful we had perfect weather today for some trail work.

JaneV2.0
5-24-14, 11:10pm
I'm slowly creeping toward a financial goal, and should reach it in a year or less. In the meantime, I'm sorting and piling.

Lainey
5-25-14, 4:38pm
Glad to be going to a holiday get-together at my adult son's house. It's like a reward for all those years of parenting when you can go and enjoy the holiday somewhere else and not have to do any of the work ...

razz
5-25-14, 6:56pm
Needed to paint and clean up the walls in my abode so DD2 came to the rescue giving me three of her holidays. The place looks amazing now with light oak paint in most rooms and furniture all arranged with decluttering very evident and very attractive. Soooo, grateful to DD2 and the great weather that made it all possible.