Thread: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

To all irish board members...anyone living in County Kerry? And also to all of you who enjoy the music the guinness and the country...

But..... it's not St Patrick's Day until 17 March!

I'm not Irish, but visit there regularly and have friends in Kerry, does that count?

You betcha...I'm prone to enjoy the next few days as part of the celebration!

In Ireland, it seems to only be celebrated on the actual Feast Day - and I have noticed how much more 'American' the holiday has become. When I was a girl, there was an obligation to go to Mass and then there were small parades on the main streets of local towns. Nowadays, with the HUGE influx of American tourists, it's almost like New York or chicago in some of the bigger Irish towns and cities.

Merski - you a few days early and we a still celebrating Pi Day (3.14)! You Irish will just have to wait until we finish our pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    Merski - you a few days early and we a still celebrating Pi Day (3.14)! You Irish will just have to wait until we finish our pie!
    Those of us who are Irish just get to celebrate with pie now and corned beef and cabbage in a few days. Any excuse for a party.

We will have to have our corned beef and cabbage on Wednesday night because DH teaches on Thursday, so I'm blurring the line a little.

My dear wife calls it "boiled dinner".

I am planting my peas today! Happy St Patricks Day everyone! The sun is reported to be on its way for the day (still pitch black here so far). I am really looking forward to a little sunshine.

The husband and I spent last weekend at a Celtic Faire in Sonora, CA (Sierra foothills/gold country) with lots of friends and great music (and some whiskey), so that was definitely our St. Patrick's celebration. Tonight, I have the house to myself, so that also lends itself to a certain kind of celebrating.

Kara

Thread Information