Thread: Russia/Snowden/USPolicy

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

Russia/Snowden/USPolicy

So I have been following the latest news. Do the Russians have enough secret info, courtesy Snowden to alter US policy? What exactly do they know and how are they using it?

Well I don't think there is any evidence that Russian intelligence has anything at all from Snowden. Enough? They may not have anything. But they could? A lot of things could be true. It is within the normal behavior of intelligence agencies to act that way I suppose, and that's the most that can be said. So I think its kind of in the realm of conspiracy theory as far as evidence goes, as in ok plausible story, but where's the proof?

Not that I would necessarily see at as harmful if the Russians did have that info. Well ok, who should have much of that information is the citizens of the world, to use democratically as they see fit, but that's probably not going to happen. But if I'm supposed to pick a side between the U.S./western governments and the Russian government. I'm not sure either have the well being of the citizens of the Ukraine, the citizens of the world, or even their own citizens as a motive. However, I think there are probably definite benefits for the world in a multi-polar as opposed to a uni-polar world ruled by the U.S.. So in that sense, there is perhaps benefit to the growth of powers opposed to U.S. empire.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information