Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonjour from Paris, France

Hi razz, I am beginning the process by decluttering my possessions (it helps me in a myriad of ways) and also by budgeting very strictly. I will have eliminated all my debts (mortgage included) by the end of April but will have to live very frugally for the next couple of years at least.

Bonjour, Marion, et bienvenue! I spent a few years living in France (Dijon and Paris) and like to keep up with what's happening there by watching France 24, the TV news channel. France is really doing some wonderful things, especially regarding organic food these days. I look forward to your participation here.

Salut, Marion! Good for you. I adore France and have spent many lovely visits in Paris and throughout France. Great for you! I hope one day to take some time off and spend 6 months or so there to practice mon francais! Good luck and I look forward to hearing more about your new adventures!

Thanks for the welcome Selah and chauddog

Hi Marion, how are the decluttering and new lifestyle coming along?

I am still working my way around my house but it's already a lot better than it was.

Hi Aroha, thanks for asking

I decluttered a lot of my papers (it took a whole week!) and I was so pleased with myself (though I still have a few carboard boxes full of papers to sort out in my basement).

Unfortunately, I have discovered my place is infested with fabric moths, so I am now decluttering these creatures and it is a big job . Please make sure you never get those in your house! I am now washing all my fabrics (curtains, bed linen, clothes, towels, ...), trying to destroy all their breeding places. I am thinking of getting a steamer for this.

Apart from the moths, I still have lots of books to declutter. It is really tough getting rid of them, so I have to do it slowly.

sorry about the moths, Marion. That must have been a nasty surprise and I hope you are on top of it now. Good luck with the books, I used to have many but I have whittled it down a lot.

Thread Information