Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An ailing transmission?

I did have an extended warranty on the transmission, but it expired at 109,000 miles. I was reading something yesterday that it's up to the individual Honda places, but sometimes they will agree to pay for part of a new transmission, if you kept up with all your services..........which I did. So I'll need to check that out. And I'll ask about the additives too.
    But first, I have to take it back and let them drive it again, to assess it. Seems strange that the only way they have of knowing if it's going bad, is to drive it.

rodeosweetheart
    His F150 is actually AWD. It was my dad's truck and he gave it to my DH, so we have to keep it limping along, for fear that if it goes, Dad goes.

Quote Originally Posted by rodeosweetheart View Post
    His F150 is actually AWD. It was my dad's truck and he gave it to my DH, so we have to keep it limping along, for fear that if it goes, Dad goes.
    AWD? I doubt it, I would think 4WD. (4WD can be turned off, AWD can't) Either way, the transmission is mounted in a MUCH different way, and is MUCH easier to drop out of the vehicle.

I would wait and see what the total repairs would be and then decide. We just got rid of a 1999 volvo with 175000/miles because it needed a $4,000 repair. 2 months before we put 1,000 into it and the last 2 years about 2,000/year. We just decided it was time to give up. We had high hopes that it would last a lot longer & we loved no car payment but alas that was not meant to be.

rodeosweetheart
    Quite right, toomuch, it is 4wd, I misspoke. He has to manually switch it.

Thread Information