Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, OK, OK, some of you have valid critisims of ObamaCare it would seem.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    We're the only first world nation I'm aware of with this particular problem.
    Jane, I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I wish we could do coffee somewhere sometime. So many of your shortly worded posts are spot on! I go on and on and on but you just hit the nail on the head with minimal verbiage. Once again, I couldn't agree more with what you have posted here. Rob

I'm succinct because I'm lazy.

I can understand your anxiety, but I think you should wait to pull the plug on using Medicare until you have tried to straighten things out.

It could be as simple as correcting the form, and possibly sending in copies of a few pay stubs, and everything will work out fine. Sometimes the system does work.

They could have grabbed the wrong weeks of pay, or the wrong SS number, or any of a number of things. They are giving you a chance to verify the info--they didn't just shut down your Medicare benefits.

I think you can be concerned about this, certainly. But things don't always end up for the worst.

Good grief. I come from the perspective of 31 years of work at the IRS, 15 of which were in the Taxpayer Advocate Office. This whole period was just fixing issues many were exactly like the letter you got. My job was making sure that both sides were working together to resolve whatever the problem was.

The first thing you should ever do when confronted with ANY government or other official communication (after getting up off the floor) is identify whether the facts are accurate. In this case, you state they are not. Therefore, a clear and complete letter giving the true specifics and providing any proof available would help to resolve the issues. Before any action can be properly taken, both sides have got to agree on the correct facts.

I always said understand the facts, apply the law, and then determine solution.

I would review the letter and list each item with dates and amounts or give each item a number. Then summarize your correct info referencing each item by number or in order on your own list. For example, if they say they have income for Feb. and March and you worked somewhere else, give them your dates of employment, the name and address of the employer, the correct amounts you made or approx. amount and maybe even throw in a person to contact or a paystub, whichever you have. If you were not even in the location mentioned, then provide your correct city, state and again the employers so it shows you have info to back you up.

Do not do as one taxpayer did and scribble all over all the margins on the letter sent and send it back. Attach a copy of the original letter (helps them find the file) and your own clear and complete explanation. Take it from me, it will be months.

If this is from last year, you should have your tax return or you can refer them to tax return info for the whole year. Kind of interesting and there is a distinct possiblity that your identity is being used by someone else. So just provide a very clear response regarding the info in the letter and return it. KEEP A COPY OF YOUR RESPONSE too.

Do not go over the falls or slit your wrists or otherwise do crazy things over a letter that be based on completely inaccurate information. Keep your head and reply and prepare to wait.

Great advice!

They are obviously out to get you Rob. You better head to Mexico before they close the border. Don't wait another minute, pack your bags and get out while you can.

You wanted big government, what did you expect?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    They are obviously out to get you Rob. You better head to Mexico before they close the border. Don't wait another minute, pack your bags and get out while you can.

You wanted big government, what did you expect?
    Now this one? This one is going a little bit too far.....big step from fear of America learned over years vs. they are out to get me. I do think you meant this as a joke though. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Now this one? This one is going a little bit too far.....big step from fear of America learned over years vs. they are out to get me. I do think you meant this as a joke though. Rob
    Just a joke Rob. But with the NSA spying, Homeland Security, and the Patriot Act can you really be sure? They may be out to get us all.

rodeosweetheart
    It is sure starting to feel they are ARE out to get us all. And Rob, I hope the work confusion gets straightened out asap. They are probably getting used to being wrong,and having to fix the records.

What a pain. I think you should tell the folks at your meeting that you are frightened to continue with the PT, because that is probably NOT what is supposed to be happening, for your continued healthcare. I am thinking there might be an ombudsman that is set up to help in cases like this. You should try to keep going with the PT if you possibly can, since it's helping you.

So have you worked at those places, before?
    If so, and just not during the time frames listed, what was the time frames employed there?
    What type of help did they employ, and please be truthful?
    Were they good on their paperwork, or did you check? (things like withholdings, etc)
    What I am wondering, if they have some screwup on their paperwork, or if they have some illegal's working and use your SS ID, to report taxes? (effectively, Identity theft)

I understand the paranoia after the Vegas report.

Thread Information