Thread: here it is--the new forum

here it is--the new forum

hope you use it

Thanks!

Spent today in our search-and-rescue-room-of-doom, which we built this week. We ran the regular interior firefighters through it, collapsed walls and such on them inside, then sent in our new rapid intervention team, which I'm lucky enough to be on, to locate and rescue them from their predicament, over and over. A good time was had by all.

Earlier in the week we practiced removing victims from autos. Never ever park in the Chief's parking spot, btw...

Sometimes they set us up very tricky stabilization problems to begin a class...

Here in The O.C. of SoCal we are practicing real life earthquake drills. No problems in my area but lots of aftershocks felt all night and day long.

Bae I figured you'd be working on the mud flow disaster in Wash but maybe that's not in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    Bae I figured you'd be working on the mud flow disaster in Wash but maybe that's not in your area.
    Oh, it's right next door to us on the mainland, their high school and ours are epic rivals. We had a game scheduled for that day, instead our kids raised a huge amount of $$$ to send over to their enemies.

We're on stand by, but if you look, the area involved isn't quite that huge, and they have so many people responding that managing the response is a big issue. We sent over our emergency management guys to help out with Big Hat stuff, and the rest of us are all drilling USAR and waiting. It's mostly a recovery effort at this point though :-(

We may get swapped in next week just to relieve their fire/medical folks on day-to-day calls so they can sleep, but the line for that is huge, everyone in the state is ready to leap to their aid.

Thanks for getting the forums up! I'm very excited to read and learn.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Like happystuff, I also look forward to any learning/information I might glean from here.

Glad to see it! I will use it! And t hank you!

Yay! Thanks just discovered you guys did it!

Thread Information