Thread: Hello from Prague, The Czech Republic

Hello from Prague, The Czech Republic

Hi,

I've been reading this forum for a while and finally registered today and would like to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.

I am 26 years old. After growing up and having home in the country and being taught to live frugally and lead quite solitary life throughout my childhood and teens I found myself moving to a big city 6 years ago. The lifestyle and life speed of the "world" around here still feels overwhelming and is very difficult to escape since I have married an older man with a teenage daughter in his custody) and their lives are firmly established in the "big city" ways and I have no power and no intentions to change them. However days of constant compromises are exhausting and I'd like to be in company of a bit more like minded people even though 'only' virtually. Thank you for this forum.

Welcome, Meri! My name is Selah and I live in Israel. Being a stepmother to teenagers is never easy, and I applaud you for respecting your husband's and stepdaughter's lifestyle, but also holding true to your own world view. Fortunately, you live in one of the world's most beautiful cities, or so I've read, so there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy the simplicity of gazing upon the fruits of your countrymen's artistic and architectural labor. Are there any small, quiet green spaces you can retreat to in your neighborhood? Do you do any container gardening? I know it's not the same as living on one's own in the country, but sometimes even the tiniest pieces of carved-out space can bring you a sense of peace and solitude. Anyway, welcome! You'll find lots of lovely people in these forums who live in all sorts of environments, urban, rural, and suburban.

Hi meri, welcome!!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

So glad you registered! Welcome, meri!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Welcome to the forum, Meri! Your homeland sounds like such a beautiful place. I knit socks with hand dyed yarn from that area. It's gorgeous! Do you have some hobbies to replenish your energy? There is lots of good reading here...

Welcome, Meri...how exciting to have someone here from the Czech Republic. I visited Prague one summer....in 1972! I loved it, so beautiful. But the weather was sweltering I recall.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Hi Meri, what a big adjustment for you to move from country to city life. I imagine it could be either stimulating or exhausting or perhaps both. I am in between, I like living in town where I can walk anywhere I would want to go, but not in a crowded and polluted big city. I would be fascinated to learn more about your country.

Thread Information