Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The First Chakra: How do you stay grounded?

Soundinjoy,
    Welcome! We love for anyone to be able to participate in any message thread from any position or thought or belief.
    If I were to start a thread stating that I wanted only Tea Party Members to comment....I could expect to be called out by comments as well. (ummmm...I'm not a Tea Party type, just using that as an example)
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Catherine,
    I forgot to say that what you described about your father is definitely first chakra stuff. Anyone in an alcoholic home has an unbalanced first chakra. As you said, you felt the shift in energy the minute you walked in the door. Animals sense unsafe environments, too. When you are grounded, you feel safe and secure.

I took out the last sentence of my original post. This thread is really about what you do to stay grounded. Kundalini Yoga has a direct tie in with accupuncture and the meridians, but that was complicating the subject.

Knitting is grounding for me now, but it wasn't when I first learned. I had to rip out rows, start over, and learn how to fix my mistakes. A friend of mine called it a "very stressful hobby." Now that I understand the techniques, it quiets my mind, relaxes me, and I have something comfortable to wear when I'm finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Soundinjoy,
    Welcome! We love for anyone to be able to participate in any message thread from any position or thought or belief.
    If I were to start a thread stating that I wanted only Tea Party Members to comment....I could expect to be called out by comments as well. (ummmm...I'm not a Tea Party type, just using that as an example)

Thread Information