Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Laundry: Do you use a clothesline?

I don't want this to come off as snarky, it's just my touch of OCD? coming out.....

But (1) I love the idea of clotheslines too and want one but don't have one yet; and (2) would someone please move this thread to a more appropriate forum? It's driving me nuts being here in the food & recipes forum.

but seriously.

Simpler at Fifty
    I hung the first load of the year out yesterday. Been washing smaller loads to keep up with it on the drying racks. Dries faster that way. But yesterday it was nice out. About 55 with sun and wind. The clothes almost dried. They are on the drying racks in side now ready to be put away. I washed my ugly sweater and it dried outside. Wore it last night and it smelled so good. I cannot wait to get some sheets on the line. That is the best smell in the world when you get into bed and have that fresh smell. I am sure we sleep better that night.

I know what you mean, Simpler At Fifty. I slept in clean, line dried sheets last night, and it felt great! This time of year things dry really quickly here. Tomorrow I'm washing the dog bed covers. They can use some of that fresh air! The dogs seem to appreciate a clean bed, too.

I'm using clotheslines as we speak. Even during the winter I can usually find a day where the sun is shining and gets things dry in a day or two. I've not made a study of it, but I think if you count the number of steps, how often you handle the clothes, and travel distances, it might be a toss up between the clothes line and dryer. Especially with me since my laundry room is in the basement.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

I use my clothesline year round, too. Last year I had a leak in my gas line to the dryer. I had them shut it off. Now I don't use the dryer at all. The weather here is so mild that it's been easy to use a clothesline all the time.

Thread Information