Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Window-box trailing flowers - ideas?

I always do petunias. A lot of them trail and they're really colorful. Combine that with some trailing greenery and it's beautiful
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thanks for the suggestions. My window boxes are also on the north cool and shady side. Sadly it will probably be another month before it's worth planting anything there, but I'll do some pots in the south backyard a little sooner.

Not to push petunias, but, from Wikipedia:

Petunias can tolerate relatively harsh conditions.... They need at least five hours of sunlight every day.
    I do not have a green thumb, but I love my petunias. As long as I keep dead-heading them, they reward me bountifully!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

A lot of great ideas, thanks.

Strawberries - huh, why not?
    Rosemary - for sure, but in a clay pot (Rob - days and days of 42c/109f temp? Too hot - I could never live in Phoenix - though I hear the Coyotes hockey team is doing better, and thank you for trading us Kyle Turris!).
    Wave petunias and Sweet Potato vines - good combo - see if I can find the seeds.

Thread Information