Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Packing/travel advice? - 2 week England trip

Thanks for all your suggestions folks!

A question: Do you wear a wrist watch when you travel? I don't normally where one, but I'm thinking it will come in handy (I don't even know if my phone will change time zones, and it's a pain to be always pulling it out anyway.)

I wear a wristwatch and have a small battery operated alarm clock. Note that we were on a group tour and did not want to be late for anything. Otherwise, not as critical. But if you are catching trains or trying to figure out when the bus will come, a wristwatch is helpful. (not an expensive one).

I always wear a watch. A $35 Timex from Target. I have one of the Indigo ones, which means the face will illuminate when you push the stem. Nice feature when you wake up in the middle of the night in a strange hotel room.

This is my watch.
    http://www.target.com/p/timex-lady-l...rm=women+timex

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I always wear a watch. A $35 Timex from Target. I have one of the Indigo ones, which means the face will illuminate when you push the stem. Nice feature when you wake up in the middle of the night in a strange hotel room.

This is my watch.
    http://www.target.com/p/timex-lady-l...rm=women+timex
    I get Timex watches from Target, too. I probably spend that amount, but somehow in my mind Timex watches should be $19.95. Guess I'm living in 1973.

I love that illumination feature, DH taught me that. I wear my watch to bed. I buy men's watches because the face is so big, easy to see the number. And my last purchase was the best one ever--cloth wristbands! I LOVE that! They can be put in the washing machine. They "breathe" unlike plastic and leather bands.

Thanks! I'll get a new battery for my watch then. Getting very excited about the trip!

The watch discussion prompted me to go buy a watch - lol. I've been needing one with an alarm and I really like Timex. Unfortunately, the Timex selection at my Target was not that great, however I did get a Casio meeting my requirements and for that iris lilies 1973 price of $19.99 - lol. Pre-sales tax that is. Thanks to everyone who posted. I love all the travel item suggestions.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Anon.

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Thread Information