Thread: FI Speakers, Mentors, and Sharers – “what we're doing” thread

FI Speakers, Mentors, and Sharers – “what we're doing” thread

This weekend, four of us (plus our trainer, Rozie) participated in a Train the Trainer webinar about the Financial Integrity Program. I found the webinar very useful and helped me to solidify some of my plans.

I wanted to start an online area where we, participants, could keep in touch. Plus share our plans and accomplishments with other mentors, and any other site regulars or visitors who are interested in sharing the FI message.
    That’s the purpose of this thread. I hope it can be an ongoing thing, like our writing thread, where we can discuss being a speaker, mentor, or otherwise telling people about the FI program.

So anyone’s comments, suggestions, or encouragement is welcomed and appreciated, especially if you’ve done any part of the FI program.

Today, I specifically wanted to share what happened at my work today as a result of the webinar:

My corporate-job supervisor is aware that I am no longer happy at my job and am working on a side project. I’ve been very open about this, primarily because I don’t have to worry about being fired, a benefit of money accumulation related to the FI steps. (Sorry, I don’t want to imply that this is the only way to have freedom and financial success, but am trying to be on topic here in regards to FI.)

I told my supervisor/friend about the webinar I had done and she said something along the lines of “I really need that – sign me up when you’re ready.” This was really great to hear, as I definitely think of her as someone that could benefit from the program. And as we discussed in the webinar, teaching FI in any work related setting can be tricky as it can seem like encouraging people to quit. And I am actively trying to extricate myself from employment there. So a positive response was excellent.

That conversation got me thinking about how I could start a guided study group in September. Summer is never a good time to do that kind of thing, so that gives me time to plan my materials, and talk to many friends and acquaintances to scope out people who would be interested in that.

That's today's progress. Thanks for reading.

Sounds like a good project to start.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

As plans firm up for any public speaker, group, or class, pass them along so we can spread the word via the wiki (financialintegrity.org), facebook, and twitter (@newroadmapfi).

Also, if you are on facebook or twitter, tell us so we can Share, Like, Comment, Follow, RT, and such.
    Last edited by tetrimbath; 5-13-14 at 2:30pm.

Thread Information