Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: graduation cash

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    I think it also depends on how often you give money gifts. I don't exchange gifts - money or otherwise - with anyone else at all. Not even my sister (and visa-versa). So marking the person's once-in-a-lifetime "special" achievement with a bit of cash is OK for me. Now if I had a large family or friends that had many "special" occasions I'd be less willing to part with a higher amount of money.
    Agreed. I don't "do" gifts. The only weddings we've been invited to in the past 15 years have been nieces and nephews and there were 4 or 5 of those. Oh wait, we were invited to one for a neighbor, but I turned it down, didn't know the girl. I don't do weddings were I don't know the people. And I sent a card with a message, no money.

We are old and our friends don't have children (lots of single and gay couples) so we just are far out of the loop of young people going through these life marking events.

For those that posted that they give $100 for a wedding, are we talking per person or per couple? I agree that $25 for a hs grad that you don't know well is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cindycindy View Post
    For those that posted that they give $100 for a wedding, are we talking per person or per couple? I agree that $25 for a hs grad that you don't know well is fine.
    Per couple. Our gift is $100 from the both of us.

Thread Information