Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Why do women get so bitchy when in a group?

I agree. I used to be a real pleaser, and couldn't handle any conflict. There's a whole back story to the OP, too. The owner of the knitting shop and one of the teachers used to insult each other about their weight, in front of everybody. I was horrified. They are both obese, and I NEVER would have mentioned their weight. They are both also pretty, intelligent, successful, and talented. The owner started asking me, "awakenedsoul, do thin people always go out of the house with no make-up on?" Then she'd add, "I always wear make-up when I leave the house. " That sort of thing. (I was wearing light day make-up.) I quit going to the class because the atmosphere was so toxic. The teacher would fly into rages and yell at me that it wasn't fair that I only needed to buy four skeins of yarn to knit a sweater. She was furious that it was "easier" for me, since I'm so small. (It takes less time and far less yarn.) High end yarn is very expensive. The owner called me and asked "Did something happen?" after I quit going. I had written it all down and read it to her. I told her that I don't think of people in terms of all thin people and all fat people. Sorry to use that word, but I wanted her to see how it felt. So, in reading this thread, I realized that I was doing here what she did there, without realizing it.

Awakened soul..........I haven't read all the responses, but was it possible that she was just joking with you? I can't imagine that she was serious.

CathyA,

Yes. It's just that so many women at that knit shop have said things like that, I got fed up and stopped going.

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the insights that I received.
    Last edited by awakenedsoul; 8-9-14 at 6:33pm.

Thread Information