Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prepping packs for cars.

Prepping packs for cars.

Hi All! I just didn't like seeing no new posts in here. LOL.

Just a quick update on progress. Dd now drives my car, but we haven't really gotten my stuff out of it and her stuff in. I have emergency pack in the truck, but not sure that she is aware of it. Have asked her to take all the stuff out and then she and I will go through it all and get her set up with her own vehicle stash.

I'm actually looking forward to it, as I have forgotten what exactly is in the pack!!! I love the fact that I have it, but haven't had to use it! With my luck, when I DON'T have it is when I will actually need it.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I used to have one. It had car stuff like jumper cables, a can of oil, hazard signs, flares, stuff like that. Kept the spare tire and that tool for changing the tire and the jack near the front of the trunk.

Blanket, non-perishable snacks that I traded out a few times a year, bottled water, a couple of flashlights, candy, socks, a multi-tool thing, a knife, can opener, paper toweling. More, I think, but I cannot remember. I also kept it inside the passenger compartment so that it was easily grabbed.

I need to do this again.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

I need to get jumper cables and that sort of thing. I have a backpack with the other stuff in my trunk.

I have been on the road for months now with my dogs. I figure we are good for a day if heavens forbid we had to stop for a storm. Dog food, water, coffee thermos, foods for a days travel for me, leashes,coats boots hats gloves for the winter, shovel, blankets too, charger and extra phone. I can change a tire. But my saving thought I have is Ford road assistance that came with the car. I know I can call and they are suppose to send someone to help me.
    I never gave that a moments thought till I began traveling. Now I maybe put too much faith in it.

Doing a little cleaning and reorganization on my truck. I think with some work I'll be able to carry a passenger again soon :-(

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Doing a little cleaning and reorganization on my truck. I think with some work I'll be able to carry a passenger again soon :-(

I've got an ice scraper, umbrella, warm coat and a cell phone. I feel so inadequate.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Mr Bae really should add one o' them "Jaws Of Life" extrication rescue tools to his kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Mr Bae really should add one o' them "Jaws Of Life" extrication rescue tools to his kit.
    I have those in my rescue rig at the station. Need a couple people to run them and the other gear. The Hi-Lift Rescue Jack there can do the same job though (the yellow jack at the upper right) when the hydraulics fail, as they often do...

Good, good. That's real Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I've got an ice scraper, umbrella, warm coat and a cell phone. I feel so inadequate.
    Equipment envy? Yes, I've heard many men get that :-)!

I have a truck with an extra cab and a shell with a built in carpet kit in back. I have all sorts of things back there for potential emergencies as well as to use to camp. Not as muc as Bae but lots. Now that I need a new vehicle it is hard for me to think of getting a compact car (what I thought I would get for cost and fuel reasons) as it's just so nice to have something big enough to not only haul all my stuff and toys and camping gear and dog stuff, but have lots of emergency stuff as well for long trips.

Thread Information