Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June 100 Items or General Decluttering Thread

June 100 Items or General Decluttering Thread

Finally starting to feel more myself and we had a great weekend of weather and decluttered some big stuff!! I know it's not quite June but I want to try for 100 items again by the end of June.

Charcoal grill + charcoal + chimney starter = 3
    Tile underlayment + partial bag mortar + box of grout + tile threshold = 7

Several items up for sale on neighborhood FB group or CL, but not many bites. Will give it away otherwise. Going to donate some personal school stuff I had hauled home (ugh) back to school and need to get started on that because there are only about 9 days left to send things in with my DH (we worked in the same building and he still works there).

Also NEED to quit buying on same said neighborhood FB group.

Who else is in?
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

I probably can't do 100 items, but I'm going to freecycle the weight set my adult son left behind. He also left behind a metal garage tool chest. We had put both items in our garage sale last year but neither sold. At this point I'd rather have the room then the cash.

I'll join in again in June. I think we completely skipped May but I did just sell our art show display system yesterday. Several years back we had some potter friends who told us they really wanted to buy our display and we tucked their card away in a file. When we quit for good I found their card and made contact and was surprised they were still interested since it had been years since we'd seen them. On their way back to Chicago from the winter/spring FL shows they made a detour to come see us yesterday and buy the display. Typical show style we had to load their trailer in the rain (seems like rain always follows the art shows).
    More space in the studio and money in our pocket.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Flatmate had a HUGE flee market type thing at out place last weekend. Because of the mess though it seems like we have even more stuff now!

I'm going to try and do 100 items TODAY. Cleaning out the attic. ~cue ominous music~
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

I should add that people should join in even if they aren't going to aim for 100 - let's just get rid of some junk!
    Kelli

Fidgiegirl
    I am in for sure, I am suppose to be doing the garage and hazardous waste stuff in there (Dh had garage/car stuff that I
    have no idea the age of it all) it all needs to go. I should be able to do 100 items in there hope so.!

June1

---3 magiznes to recycle
    ---A full size Queen bed frame repurposed to a raised garden box (not food grade but will be great for flowers/gourds) and
    it has left a large space in the garage.
    That is a total of 4 so far...
    and if I can just not bring in too much from yardsaling the Net effect would be great.

2 Dresses
    2 pants
    1 shoes
    1 hat
    2 magazines
    1 dead coffee machine
    1 broken hose sprayer (will have to replace)
    1 broken sprinkler

Total: 11
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

1 roll of rosin paper = 8
    1 rocking chair = 9
    4 boxes of instructional materials and one roll of posters (probably over 100 items here alone, but did not count - will count as 5 to keep myself motivated) = 14

Organized materials I had brought home from my classroom. Kept my own cultural stuff that is irreplaceable and sending the rest back to school for the next teacher (they are resurrecting the program but I'm not going back).

Organized Norwood's clothes by size. He has gotten a lot of gifts and hand-me-downs. So far we have not had to buy hardly him any clothing ourselves, only a few things here or there to fill in the gaps. What a gift. But it is so much that it requires what feels like constant attention or stuff will end up packed away until he outgrows it, or we'll buy things we already have in storage. So that feels good!

Next up: coping with my own sad, sad wardrobe - time to rotate out winter stuff, pack away preggers stuff (or burn it . . . ), and evaluate what I need to buy. I am alllllllmost back in pre-pregnancy clothes, can use all my stretchy stuff again but not my button and zip pants/shorts. So I may have to buy a few little things to make it through the summer. And then once it's time to go back to work, ugh, will have to do a big shop because a lot of my items have been worn out and don't look good at all anymore.

DH and I are going to convert a shallow cupboard in the kitchen into a pantry (it currently houses an ironing board!). That will help our kitchen organization tremendously because all the small stuff can do in there, freeing cupboard space for larger items. It's a small project, really, but has been on the back burner with trying to survive. I expect once DH is done with school it will get done quickly and then we can organize the kitchen, start eating down the food (once we can see all of it!), and hopefully get rid of a few things, too.
    Kelli

Thread Information