Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Farm is sold!

My parents felt this way, too. They were both secretly wishing they could move to Carmel and live in a two bedroom bungalow. They each came to me separately and told me the same thing. I went with my mom to look at a couple of small homes. They ended up staying in their large 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom house. They have a lot of stuff. The stairs are difficult for my mom. She felt it was too much work to move and kept shopping.
    I'm decluttering today, just to keep up on it. I was at my vocal coach's house the other day. She's accumulated a lot of possessions over the years. It made me see that I want to keep my space open and clear.
    My current cottage will work for retirement. It's a good feeling to have something small and affordable. It's easier to clean and repair, too. My dad is getting tired of the expensive repairs on his large home.

Having money makes everything easier.

If we stay in this house, which we probably will for many years, I am sort of assuming I'll die before DH so I don't have to worry about moving.

But should DH die first--I know I would soon move to a smaller, simpler place even though our current house is only 2,000 sq ft, it's not huge. And having money, I'd rent or buy the new place first, move the few things that I want into it, then hire someone to get rid of the old place with all of the stuff. That is really not a big deal and I have a hard time understanding how people with means can't make it happen. Those without means, yes, it's more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    There is new small development by a good builder with 8 compact semi freehold single floor townhouses with full basement in the works in a local walkable village. I have placed my name to get one of these. I can now wait until they are built which is the real joy. My kids love the area of choice as well which is a real bonus. I also have a number of friends living in the village already.
    Your soon-to-be situation sounds perfect. Congratulations!

Way to go Razz!!

Thread Information