Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorta white squirrels

Nice photos. We've got 'em this year. Two are gray with white tails and one almost all white. They are in the trees in our woods and move to fast to get a photo. First time ever I've ever seen white tail squirrels.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2668

Marrionville, MO has white squirrels. Its kind of fun to go over there and look for them thought I've only seen them once.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Well, I've never seen a piebald squirrel until Cathy's pics, but there's a park here (in west central Ohio) with a large white squirrel population. Parks dept. says it's a recessive gene trait and that's why it tends to be quite localized. We have black squirrels here too now, down from Michigan. I hope they don't displace our gray or red squirrel population - what if they don't taste the same??

I never knew about the term "piebald". One of my pics that I took looks like the squirrel has blue eyes......but I thought it was just a reflection, but maybe it does have blue eyes.
    I wonder why there seems to be such an eruption of them this year? Is it the end of the world? Is it one of them thar plagues?
    I think I've been calling my "regular" squirrels gray squirrels, but now I'm thinking they are fox squirrels.

Thread Information