Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IrisLily or anyone else...

IrisLily or anyone else...

Can you identify this? It's in the neighbor's yard, but he's never home to ask. It seems like it popped up overnight! I love the little dingle-balls on top!
    20140601_155409.jpg
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Here's a different angle.sorry they're not larger. (Cell phone pic)
    another.jpg
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Sorry Kay - I think I could perhaps ID with a closer look, and maybe a shot of some leaves. The flower buds remind me of a Phaelenopsis orchid. How tall is it?

I've found an iPhone app named "Leafsnap" super helpful for this sort of thing, being mostly plant-illiterate myself.

I thought it was a foxglove at first too, but I don't think it is. The flowers are too open. Yeah....it sort of looks like an orchid of some type.

it's not an iris or lily so I don't grow it.

Keep in mind hat it could be something tropical that the neighbor planted after winter. Have you seen it year after year? Agree that the flower look orchid shaped, those big orchids. Are those green round things on top of this flower?

I've seen those before, I think; but I have no clue what they are.

Another acquaintance of mine says it looks like an orchid to her, too. It's probably at least 3 feet tall, maybe more. I could try and get a closer pic, but I'd be trespassing

The little balls on top ARE part of the plant. It's definitely not a foxglove.

Cattleya orchids? But I can't find pics of any of them with those neon green balls. Are you sure they are part of that plant?
    You could just ask the homeowner..........

Thread Information