Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IrisLily or anyone else...

Or......Phalaenopsis orchid?
    http://www.afloral.com/Silk-Flowers-...h-Silk-Flowers

(The only image I could find that had those balls).

I hope it's okay, but I'm asking on a tropical plant forum. I'll let you know what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Cattleya orchids? But I can't find pics of any of them with those neon green balls. Are you sure they are part of that plant?
    You could just ask the homeowner..........
    If he was ever home, I would...
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

LOL KayLR............I asked someone on an orchid forum and he said the pic was really too small to tell, but his guess was that it was a phalaenopsis orchid......but maybe fake.
    I was also wondering about about it being real.........those green balls just don't look natural.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    LOL KayLR............I asked someone on an orchid forum and he said the pic was really too small to tell, but his guess was that it was a phalaenopsis orchid......but maybe fake.
    I was also wondering about about it being real.........those green balls just don't look natural.
    ah yes, the faux or augmented plant trick.

We do that now and then. We spray paint our alliums and it causes a big scene. People always stop their cars and ask us what those plants are, haha.

OP I can't believe that your neighbor would be bothered by you going up to his plant in his front yard and looking closely at it. Are people that weird where you are?--Said she, who has No Trespassing signs on her iris n' lily garden. But those signs are not my idea, DH won't take them down.

I think most gardeners would be flattered if you were taking pictures of their plants or garden. As long as you don't go cutting a bouquet without permission, I cannot imagine anyone taking offense.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    If he was ever home, I would...
    Drop a note at his door.

And be ready for him to say it's a silk flower. haha
    Reminds me of the time I was in Penney's. I was in line to buy something and the woman in front of me was holding a small baby. I smiled at her and the baby.........you know.......the kind of loving smile one mother gives to another with a child. Well, it was a doll. Dang did I feel STUPID!! hahahaha

Ok I snuck up in the yard with a camera this time...I agree, it does almost look fake, but there are discolorations on the dingle balls. If you click on this it will enlarge.IMG_1873.jpg
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information