Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What to do with all those children who have crossed the border illegally?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

*some restrictions may apply.
    There. Fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    Many of the men - husbands and fathers - are already living and working illegally here in the USA. Many send money back home to care for their families and often times they may send enough to pay for their wives and kids to join them (illegally of course). So it's not so much that the men aren't being responsible, it more that they come here long before (as do many of the mothers) in an attempt to earn a better living here and provide for their families back home.
    While politicians rail against illegal immigrants, there is a real wink and nod, look the other way thing that has gone on for a very long time which allows large numbers of people illegally entering this country to be employed. I think the real "crisis" at work here is that increasing numbers of children and other refugees are now entering the same way and the government can't figure out how to stop the children while continuing to allow the cheap labor to come through.

Perhaps we could just help our neighbors to the south address some of the problems these good people are trying to run away from. Guessing most people would rather stay home if home didn't suck. As it is now they're basically just moving from the land of the drug lords to the land of the drug users. Plenty to address there on both ends. Of course there are other problems, too...
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Perhaps we could just help our neighbors to the south address some of the problems these good people are trying to run away from. Guessing most people would rather stay home if home didn't suck. As it is now they're basically just moving from the land of the drug lords to the land of the drug users. Plenty to address there on both ends. Of course there are other problems, too...
    That's the root cause. But I'm hesitant to even think of any U.S. based solutions to that, because they usually tend to be military, quasi-military, intellegence agencies etc. and the U.S. governments record on this long term yea, but especially recent history is of destroying country after country leaving nothing but pure chaos afterward. It can't make things better it seems only worse. It's like "just stop doing things, you aren't helping, just please stop" (and we wonder why the rest of the world considers the U.S. government the biggest threat to world peace). Of course some of the countries people are emigrating from probably have long histories of lots of U.S. involvement anyway, it's Latin America afterall ... sigh ...
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 7-17-14 at 6:39pm.
    Trees don't grow on money

I happen to think the US drug problem is the root of several evils, but fixing that would require us to be introspective which in the end isn't good for business. How about this thought... Why is our border closed anyway? Why don't we just open every border from Panama to Canada and let everyone flood around and end up where they may until we reach equilibrium? Free access and free trade throughout all of North America. Do away with NAFTA and all the other similar agreements that constrict movement of people and goods and let the markets (aka the people) decide what works best. I know a few choice spots in Nicaragua that I would return to in a NY minute and there's probably someone there who would be willing to house swap with me for a few months. Win/win.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

Thread Information