Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Getting afraid for the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Ya gotta love red states.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Ya gotta love red states.
    I have a love/hate relationship with Texas. I love absolutely LOVE Austin, especially South Austin. The rest of the state? Mmmmmm.....not so much. Don't want to offend anyone here, this is just my take on Texas. I do respect it for it's alive economy and I also respect it for the actions being taken in the article above. I'm even surprised Texas would take such a stance, more power to it for this. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Yep - you should see the things that are classified as felonies these days.

And related to that, NPR had a program on the fees and fines situation. Most states now have criminals paying monthly fees for their parole or probation on top of the original court fees, and fines and penalties slapped on top of that if you miss one. If you lose your job and can't pay, you're dragged back into court and thrown into jail, again. One woman who was sober for several years and had a minimum wage job lived in terror of losing her job mainly because she owed $10,000+ in fees and penalties and was afraid a single missed payment would send her back to prison.
    I did do some research and it's scary...make one false move, do one stupid small thing and indeed you can find yourself permanently locked out of the job market. Very scary. I sure didn't sign up for what this country has become.....whatever happened to second chances and rehabilitation? Yet another reason to fear America. Rob

Thread Information