Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start New Job Tomorrow (6/16)

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    This does sound like a very cool job. I hope you enjoy, and best wishes with it! Rob

Ooh, that does sound neat! A friend of mine, with a master's degree in dealing with historical artifacts, works at a living history settlement (restored 18th century buildings). Her stories are fascinating.

The job seems to be going well, although I feel a bit like I have been thrown into the deep end. My boss has been out dealing with family issues, leaving me to negotiate the early paperwork while supervising two college-age interns and trying to meet reporting deadlines that I had been happily ignorant of. Welcome to the world of work! Quite a sudden transition after years of being at home or working for myself (and generally by myself). But I love the work, so I will make the adjustments.

I did not realize how tiring it all would be. While I was interning, I could come home and complete my graduate school assignments in the evening. Now the job seems much more tiring, so getting my schoolwork done is difficult. I assume once I get used to swimming in the deep end I won't be so tired (hope! Hope!).

To quote NEMO: "Keep swimming, Keep swimming!"
    Mrs. Hermit

Congratulations on the new job, Mrs. H! It does sound like a great job. I would love to work in a museum--who wouldn't!!! Some of the tiredness is likely due to the stress of being on a big learning curve--you will get it down to a science eventually!!

Indeed...keep swimming! Keep showing up, keep showing up, keep showing up! Congratulations, Mrs. Hermit!

Thread Information