Thread: Auto insurance question

Auto insurance question

My car is old and I've been told my the Honda people that my transmission is dying and not to sink any more money into this car, should I remove the "collision" coverage on my insurance? I'm driving the car very gently, and it doesn't seem horribly bad to me, so I'm hoping to get several months more, at least, out of it.
    Thanks.

That probably depends on the value of your vehicle and how much both the insurance (collision) and deducible are. I have a 14 year old truck and don't have collision - just liability with a high deductible. The blue book value of my truck is pretty low so that if it was totaled or badly damaged it wouldn't be a big financial loss much beyond the deducible.

That's what I'm thinking of doing too. I don't think I would get much at all for my car....so there's no sense at all in keeping it covered (with collision). I'll definitely keep liability though.

We drop any coverage but liability when our cars get into the $5,000 - $7,000 book value range.

We have never had accidents, but that is a value of not driving much.

I just have liability on my 2004 Kia Rio, too. I only drive it once or twice a week.

It definitely makes sense to remove the collision and keep the liability coverage if the vehicle doesn't have a lot of monetary value.

Thread Information