Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garlic scapes....anyone?

Garlic scapes....anyone?

There is this: they really make your house smell good when they're roasting. But, next time, if there is one, I will wrap them in foil. They were pretty dry. The farmers mkt guy I bought them from told me to just olive oil them and roast them at 350 for 20 min. Some of them were ok, but some dry. Very mild-tasting, almost asparagus-like.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

They pickle nicely too!

Will try that idea of roasting in foil. Not enough to pickle.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Simpler at Fifty
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Will try that idea of roasting in foil. Not enough to pickle.
    Ours are just starting to come now. Saw the first one yesterday. I usually give most of them away but will try roasting them. I like them in omelets.

I've oiled and roasted them in foil and they were delicious. I used them in a recipe for fettucini alfredo. I think I left them in the oven for a longer time period, though. It's been a while...

Quote Originally Posted by awakenedsoul View Post
    I've oiled and roasted them in foil and they were delicious. I used them in a recipe for fettucini alfredo. I think I left them in the oven for a longer time period, though. It's been a while...
    That sounds really good!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

It's delicious! Makes me want to buy the ingredients and make some...

Where do you get them from? Have never seen them in the grocery store...

I got mine at a farmers market from a garlic grower. He said they used to simply discard them, cutting them off and just leaving them lie on the ground for mulch/compost. But they've found they like them enough, and others do too, to sell them.

Our neighbor gave us some garlic scapes just yesterday. We had them diced in omelets this morning for breakfast. They added a nice little punch of flavor.

Thread Information