Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aaarrrggghhh!!!!

Angry Aaarrrggghhh!!!!

I sent emails to President Obama, my two Senators, and my Congressional Representative stating my opposition to keeping U.S. troops in Afghanistan after the end of this year. I sent the emails two weeks ago. No response from anyone except Senator John Cornyn who sent me a form email that had absolutely nothing to do with my original email. (He thanked me for supporting his opposition to the Bergdahl/Taliban swap.....which I don't oppose...) It is hopeless.

I feel your pain Florence..........

Thank you for fighting the good fight to end these wars. Calling might be more effective. I know what you mean by the responses. I've gotten off topic responses to emails of mine from my Senators, I've written to express an opinion and got instead a bunch of justifications for voting the other way (ugh what moron heads, like they are going to convert me on things I've given lots of thought to and feel very strongly about. It's one thing not to vote as I'd like (sometimes as almost noone in the country likes, they vote for some pretty unpopular stuff) but that's just adding insult to injury!). And a few times I've NOT gotten responses at all from Senators (mostly Boxer that Senator is completely and utterly out to lunch I tell you - "this is your brain on drugs" out to lunch, that's how bad it is Feinstein may be wrong on many many things but ... she's present). I think this state has some of the worse Senate representation imaginable frankly. My house rep responds to emails, is on topic and usually responds to express agreement and make a case that they are fighting for me. House Reps have always responded.

I increasingly feel just like a subject and slave (to the economic system? yea but that's another matter), I mean a slave that is milked to pay for ENDLESS WAR. I think our purpose as citizens is just to be milked to pay for wars, that's the only use we serve. They could care less how they treat their livestock (not going for any humane certs for sure ), but just line them up for milking for wars which is something they do seem to really care about.
    Trees don't grow on money

rodeosweetheart
    Just want to chime in that when we lived in SC, Lindsey Graham and Joe Wilson responded fairly immediately to emails and letters, and always polite and on task. Never had a reply that was off base, the way you describe here. I also went into Joe Wilson's office to ask for help on something and he was extremely nice.
    Move to SC if you want responsive reps--you may not like their politics, but they are extremely responsive.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeosweetheart View Post
    Just want to chime in that when we lived in SC, Lindsey Graham and Joe Wilson responded fairly immediately to emails and letters, and always polite and on task. Never had a reply that was off base, the way you describe here. I also went into Joe Wilson's office to ask for help on something and he was extremely nice.
    Move to SC if you want responsive reps--you may not like their politics, but they are extremely responsive.
    Interesting.....I have a friend who lives in Charleston who has really good things to say about the place. I know the politics there are a bit conservative for me but I do respect them getting back to you and responding in a way that shows someone actually read what you sent to them. Rob

I have always suspected that these guys get so many letters and emails that they rarely see any content. I picture a lower level clerk of some sort tracking yeas and nays on particular issues with tally marks and then selecting the appropriate form letter to respond. Maybe a few exceptional messages get forwarded past the first line of defense filters. I would write more often if I thought it was otherwise.

I have had a decent response from local representatives on more local issues.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

If you really knew what went on in Congressional offices you would probably be amazed. The younger staffers and lobbyists do all the work. Each staffer is assigned a task or agency to liasion with. I dealth with those staffers who worked IRS issues. We were on a first name basis. We knew which elected official cared about the constituent issues and followed up to ensure a response or demanded specific performance. No one wanted to make them irritated.

I have suggested in several cases that people get in touch with their congressional offices to help with some bottleneck issues. Sometimes it will break them free.

Quote Originally Posted by Florence View Post
    I sent emails to President Obama, my two Senators, and my Congressional Representative stating my opposition to keeping U.S. troops in Afghanistan after the end of this year. I sent the emails two weeks ago. No response from anyone except Senator John Cornyn who sent me a form email that had absolutely nothing to do with my original email. (He thanked me for supporting his opposition to the Bergdahl/Taliban swap.....which I don't oppose...) It is hopeless.

Maybe they lost them. I hear parts of this administration doesn't know how to back them up or retrieve them.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Maybe they lost them. I hear parts of this administration doesn't know how to back them up or retrieve them.
    awww dmc, thanks for the laugh this morning!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    LOL good one! What's up with the government losing such things? I can remember all the way back to the Nixon years when technology wasn't what it is today - remember the Watergate tapes and how they just mysteriously went missing? It would seem as if both sides of the aisle have problems with losing evidence......Rob

Thread Information