Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4th of July

Question 4th of July

So what are your plans??

Tent camping at the beach for 3 days.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Put out a couple of brush fires, treat 3-4 bee stings, one fall from a cliff, two cardiac calls. Probably cut someone out of a wrecked car in the evening. And if all goes as expected, one late night search for a missing person.

I'll settle for eating crabs and oysters on my deck while the pager doesn't go off, but that's statistically unlikely :-(

Anything but the usual patriotic stuff and fireworks. But I'll probably find something to do, take a hike or something. I mean I'll take the day off they give us (and I'm not scheduled to work or anything then, someone else is handling "work emergencies" then, so I probably will have the day off free and clear).
    Trees don't grow on money

Just another day to work on the property for us. And if it's been dry........hoping no one causes our woods to burn down.
    DH has a 4 day weekend, which he really is looking forward to......even if it is working in the yard. We'll grill out and maybe watch a movie or 2.
    Should be fun!

(DD is driving to Florida with a couple friends.........so keep her in your thoughts and prayers......hahaha).

I'm taking a two week July 4th break. This week we're sitting by the pool with the grandkids and doing a little gardening when the mood strikes. Next week we're riding the motorcycle into Virginia, getting onto the Blue Ridge Parkway and riding leisurely down to the Deals Gap, North Carolina area. From there, we'll ride the Tail of the Dragon again as well as the Cherohala Skyway. We'll probably make about 5 days of it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

That sounds like fun Alan! I'll wish good weather for you!

Thanks Cathy, I thought of you this afternoon as I heard about a tornado outside Indy. Hope it was well away from you.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yes Alan......it wasn't near me, but DH and all his employees had to go into the lower hallways at his building in Indy. Fortunately, the tornado had weakened by the time it got to their area. Thanks for asking!

No injuries but some damage to a subdivision on the west side. The storm weakened and moved northeast. Downtown our siren went off twice but the sky was clear and almost sunny. Have to admit I dont move unless I see a darkening or wind outside. The heat from all the downtown concrete keeps most wind storms with tornado activity going around north or south of
    Indianapolis downtown.

Thread Information