Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car stolen

Car stolen

Got back from UK a couple of days ago and still feeling very jet lagged, but up to going out to the cabin. I loaded up the car last night and when I got up early this morning to do a little watering my car was gone.

I feel much more upset than I would have expected, I have been crying off and on all day. I guess there's a chance the police will find it but I'm not getting that vibe.

Along with the car they got a bunch of my favorite old clothes, our nice dog crate, and a bag of library books/CDs/DVDs.

So angry, so sad. Feeling so materialistic for caring about an object so much, but I love that car and hate the scumbag that stole it.

Oh Gardenarian, I'm so sorry to hear that. I would be upset, too. I'm just glad they didn't get your dog! I'm hoping there will be Divine Justice. Also hope you had a nice trip to the UK.

My car was stolen from in front of my house. I distinctly remember which dog I had at the time because I was focused on getting him out of the car and I didn't put on The Club. I wasn't sad, I was annoyed. I was pizzed. It was the weekend where I was running the lily society bulb sale and I had to have a car for that activity so I rented one from Enterprise.

Ours was a typical story: ghetto youth stole car for joy riding. DH did end up being, as usual, the Hero. He drove around our quadrant looking for our car. Each time we went somewhere he would take a different path, meandering through streets that were not main streets and I'll be damned! He spotted our car sitting on a side street in a nearby neighborhood. When we found it the steering column was broken. We had to call the cops to report it found so that when we drove it we wouldn't be caught with a "stolen" car. So the cops sent someone to "help" us get it started but the girl techie they sent was useless, so once again DH acted as Hero because he got it started without her help. He is truly McGiver.

As a reminder to whoever this happens to: be sure to call your insurance company even if you have only liability coverage. They need to know that the automobile is in the hands of criminals.

So sorry.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I hope you will tell us about your trip to the UK in another thread.

Bummer about your car.

Oh, I so understand. Ours was stolen once from our garage parking area at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon. Just as Iris Lilies said, it was a joy rider and was found within 24 yours about 1 mile away. Husband was happy it was stolen because he wanted a new car but I loved that car and wanted to see how many miles I could get from it. Found with a liquor bottle by the seat and out of gas.

It is just such a violation to have a criminal steal anything.

OMG, I'm so sorry! I don't blame you for being upset at all--bad enough the car was taken, but with so much of your stuff in it! I understand the anger--the act is such an invasion of privacy and hostility. I remember getting my pocketbook stolen with cash and keys and everything else, and the thing that made me the most angry at the time was, "I can barely make ends meet, and what makes this thief think I can afford to lose this stuff!! Go steal from someone who can afford it!" Not entirely rational, but that's what made me mad at the time.

I really hope it turns up, and if it doesn't, I hope you are able to let it go in due time and recover from the financial loss.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That is so frustrating when you are on top of your game but when you are jetlagged, it is so much worse. Sorry to hear this and hope that you get things back. Those kinds of personal things are not what joyriders are interested in so you well may find them.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

So sorry, Gardenarian! Hopefully you'll get it back soon. Keep after the police about it.
    ((((hugs))))

I would be more upset about the library items, as they would not be covered by my insurance. I have never lost a car to thieves, but when I had my sweet, wee yellow Volkswagen Bug, I came out one morning to go to work and someone had stole the two front bucket seats. What does ghetto youth mean?
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Thread Information