Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm feeling that today is a low point in DC politics.....

Thanks Rob, busy summer. Did you ever consider that the "gridlock" might really be a form of check and balance? There's a lot of that built into our system and we've always had at least two parties in the mix that didn't share the same points of view (otherwise it would be...one party). Who knows? Maybe we already have enough laws and could use some leadership for a change. From either party.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

Don't worry, Rob, there won't be any mention of such a thing as too much presidential power if the Republicans every re-take that office.

Yes, indeed. How could we forget so soon "I'm the decider," and "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier...just so long as I'm the dictator." George Bush, of course, issued many more executive orders than President Obama has.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    What do you'all make of John Boehner moving ahead with suing Barack Obama? I personally am utterly disgusted....I'm thinking nothing will come of it other than possible political gains for the Republican party (?). I'm thinking this will be a monumental waste of time and money and quite inexcusable given the real problems this country faces. Rob
    I know I am probably overly skeptical, but I think it is the same ole "bait and switch" tactic to keep the media, and us, from the issues
    we need to be facing in our country.

Thread Information