Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is making my life easier.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

This is making my life easier.....

Something I am very grateful for is that during my recent 13 day hospitalization, numerous tests were ran on me, one of which discovered I have hypothyroidism, which would explain why I have been constantly tired for the past fifteen or so years. I have started on generic Synthroid and for awhile I noticed no difference but the past few days it's been like BOOM - all of this energy out of nowhere, it has been amazing. I have not felt this energetic since the age of 32. I had no idea there was a medical reason for it - I figured it was burnout from struggling and I was stuck with it. So nice to experience life beyond that!

I'm using the newfound energy to get things done that I have been putting off for some time as they seemed too energy-centric and could be kicked out into time indefinitely. Feels good to get some of these things checked off the list! Not much to say but color me grateful on this one. Rob
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 6-29-14 at 11:55am.

A constellation of fun conditions come with hypothyroidism: weight gain and depression among them. Improving energy is a good sign.

That is pretty cool.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

So glad for you!

Did they also test your blood for Hashimoto's thyroiditis?
    It makes sense to run the test, as you then will need to avoid iodine in salt and food to prevent damage of the gland.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgermany View Post
    Did they also test your blood for Hashimoto's thyroiditis?
    It makes sense to run the test, as you then will need to avoid iodine in salt and food to prevent damage of the gland.
    Hi! I'm not sure about the test for Hashimoto's. I know they tested TSH and T3 and T4 at a minimum because a few days after I was released from the hospital I took some painkillers and got into a cab and went back to the hospital to get copies of all my lab work results and there I was able to see my T numbers. I'm just so glad that this was discovered and looking this over - I think this issue is another reason I remained waiting tables for so long - there is so much stress and so much fear involved in serving that I was able to keep creating some kind of chemicals in my body to keep me going. Better to take the meds and not struggle and have a better shot at doing something less crazy and potentially more fulfilling. Rob

It's always good to get a diagnosis - let's you know you are not nuts!! I'm glad they pinned this down.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Great news - congratulations on your new energy!

Enjoy that newfound energy, Rob! I didn't know men could also suffer from low thyroid--I learned something today!

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Enjoy that newfound energy, Rob! I didn't know men could also suffer from low thyroid--I learned something today!
    From what I have learned through online research, hypothyroidism strikes women at much higher rates than men, but men also can have it. Just percentage wise not as frequently. And I'm loving having energy, seriously, I feel like I'm 30 again and it's wonderful. Rob

Thread Information