Thread: Total frustration with the BMV

Total frustration with the BMV

I have one simple question to ask the BMV. You can no longer call the local branch. It feeds into a national answering service. It says to go online at their website for answers. I go there and it can't answer my question, and says to call the phone number.........which says to go to the website. There is absolutely no way to talk to a human being. Now I have to drive to town to ask one simple question.

http://www.conspiracycafe.net/forum/...a-live-person/

CathyA Try this website. Good Luck!

Thanks Greg,

I made it to the BVM and they answered my questions and said that the bigger BMV near here was having alot of problems. I guess email notices weren't sent out as usual and people forgot to renew and are being fined. Seems like the BMV has always had problems.
    But there's nothing more frustrating than being trapped in a loop on some of these businesses automated calls. Sometimes I was getting through to "speak with a representative", but then they would never answer. GGrrrr.

Most automated phone systems are set up so that if you press "0" at any point you get put into the stream to speak with a real person. I use that a lot, as when I do have to call US numbers it is often an urgent matter and I am calling on international long distance. YOu may still be on hold for awhile, but at least you avoid 5-10 minutes of "if you are calling about a billing matter press 1" etc.

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

What the BMV?
    moo

Bureau of Motor Vehicles

Ah, of course, thanks. In Cali it's the DMV (Department of...)
    moo

So BMV/DMVs are horrible everywhere? From least to most horrible: getting a filling at the dentist, having to go to the DMV, jury duty.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information