Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Jane 2.0

For Jane 2.0

Jane,
    Here is a doc extolling the virtues of fat, free to view through 7/4

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar..._rid=568842291

I'm watching it now and it made me think of you. Not my cup of tea, but you might enjoy it.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

Yeah, recently there was a whole cover article in Time Magazine called "We Were Wrong About Saturated Fats" and I thought of Jane also.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/tim...aturated-fats/
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I watched that the other night. At last this "alternate" view is seeping out from behind the wall of conventional thought. In the tradition of Tom Naughton in Fat Head, Sam Feltham of Smash the Fat, and others, Donal O'Neill proves that--for some people at least--a high fat diet can reverse markers for heart disease and vastly improve health. Every day, studies emerge showing the efficacy of this approach--and are generally ignored by those who hold the power to act on such knowledge--like the ADA, the AHA, and most doctors, who are still--unconscionably--pushing dangerous statin drugs on unwitting patients.

Thanks, Storyteller, for giving me an excuse to drag my soapbox up to the microphone.

It's interesting to see how people eat around the world. I always preferred the European breakfast of ham and cheese sandwiches on fresh bread to the typical American breakfast. The eskimos eat a lot of blubber.

Many people assume I don't eat any fat, because my body fat is very low. I've always eaten butter, meats, cheese, etc. in moderation. I think that whole low fat phase was big business for people. I never joined it.

I had a ballet teacher from England who taught us, "If you would just eat sensibly..." So true. She had a beautiful body and never dieted. Many Americans are desperate to lose weight. I think the emotions are also very connected to the physical state of the body.

I watched Hungry For Change on Monday, and this is the icing on that wheat and sugar-free cake for me.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

I found it unconvincing, to say the least. Surprise surprise.

The guy who wrote that running book and talked through his teeth was annoying. I saw one point where he didn't close his mouth for two full sentences. Drove me nuts.

But it was the substance that I found unconvincing, not the annoying guy.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

You thought his doctors were lying about the improvement in his health? At the very least it suggests there are variations in what constitutes a "healthy diet."

At any rate, I'm glad this work is getting out there. I've always said adults can eat as they choose.

Like the Libertarians, I don't want the government or anyone else (doctors, insurance companies, vegans...) dictating my diet to me.

Lex Rooker eats only raw fat and raw meat, has been doing it for several years, and has experienced enormous improvements in his health: http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/lex-rooker-usa/. His diet is about 60% raw fat. He posts his lab test results on line. His journal is fascinating! http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/jou...#39;s-journal/

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You thought his doctors were lying about the improvement in his health?
    Too many variables to consider besides his fat intake. He admits he upped his exercise routine. The weight loss and improved muscle tone could very well have come from that. Had he controlled for that it may have been more convincing. He also increased his green vegetable intake.

I'm also not convinced of the "good LDL cholesterol" assumption. The large particles might not be as bad as the small particle, but calling them "good" is a bit of a stretch.

But in the end, it's just a movie about one guy's experience. Even if it were all lawlessly done and showed remarkable progress, it is hardly a decent scientific sample. It doesn't really prove anything.

Thread Information