Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone buy satellite radio?

I've only had it while using rental cars. I'm not a big fan over all but do like some of the genre-specify music stations (I'm a classic rock and metal head myself :-)!) and the traffic stations. Wouldn't pay for it myself though. It seems I spend most of my time "surfing" thru the various channels rather than actually listening to one. Kind of like I do when I watch TV.

I tried it when I had a long commute but didn't care for it enough to continue paying for it. I found listening to audio books was much better for me.

Got it for free for 6 months when we bought the car, and have had a few other free trials since then. Definitely wouldn't pay for it.

I much more enjoy the massive variety of shows and stations I get through the free TuneIn Radio app on my smart phone. I just plug my phone into the USB port in the console of my car. Much better selection and diversity than what I got on paid satellite radio.

Husband has it, car was equipped for it. $186 a year or there about. He has had it for three years now. He must enjoy it on the commute.

I had a little mobile satellite radio a while back and was able to take it with me on walks and also download podcasts. It was also used at work where the regular radio reception wasn't very good. I loved it, but eventually got rid of it because of the continuous monthly cost. If I got it again, I'd probably pay for a full year subscription or more as that seems to be the most economical.

We also had it free when we bought our car. After the free was up, they came back with $5/month so we still have it. I would definitely have it if I spent a lot of time in the car, which I don't. So for now, $5 isn't bad, but I won't pay the regular subscription price.

Thread Information