Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving on from the Corporate World

TxZen

Moving on from the Corporate World

Well I didn't get fired but I did resign. The sad thing is the CEO knows the truth and is saddened to see me go. The thing I find sad is knowing the truth and her still doing nothing about it. Oh well..moving on.

I am a very visual and mark the occasion kinda gal. I am taking all my work papers, save the projects I have done, and am having a burning party next Saturday. This includes all my memberships to various organizations that were career related and even a suit that I have worn every week for the past 2 years. It will be very cleansing for me.

Another important aspect for me is to sit in the moment and soak it in. I usually rush to get through these things but I think this is such a time of contemplation for me, as time to really let go of this 23 year path I have been on and to open up to all that is new and exciting in the world.

I am also donating my hair. I have had it long for 7 years now. Again, another soul cleansing, mark the moment time for me. I am not afraid of change in this way and I think a new perspective, even if only hair, will be very satisfying.

I packed up all my corporate clothes except for the pieces I am wearing for my final week of work. This includes jewelry, shoes, accessories. I want extreme simple for the rest of the summer. A huge piece for me is my make up. I am basically throwing it all out (I think I have had most for over 4 months now). Freshly scrubbed and clean is my motto right now, to include my face.

And so begins the stripping back of the layers to find out who is under there.

I am really excited to approach this next phase in my life. Here's to life!!!

wow, that's a great way to start out fresh and new! Good for you, keep us updated.

Please keep us posted on your new adventures in life! Best of luck

There is something cleansing about ritually passing from one part of a life to another. I highly recommend fire as part of the process.

I would love to see that suit burned and watch your boss' betrayal float up into the sky, taking all of that negativity and cowardice along with it.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Sounds like a new wonderful time in your life. So great that you can do many things to cleanse you from your experiences there....

You might consider donating your corporate duds to someone who needs them rather than destroying perfectly good clothes and such. It's not the suit's fault that the job was sucky.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

TxZen
    Shadowmoss- it's just one really worn out suit, the pants are literally worn thin from too much wearing. I will donate 2 others and some shoes, 3 shirts. I purged them last night.

Ok, good for you. I just hate to hear about things that could be used beind destroyed. Why yes, I am kind of a horder, why do you ask?
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

TxZen
    I understand Shadowmoss.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmoss View Post
    You might consider donating your corporate duds to someone who needs them rather than destroying perfectly good clothes and such. It's not the suit's fault that the job was sucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmoss View Post
    Ok, good for you. I just hate to hear about things that could be used beind destroyed. Why yes, I am kind of a horder, why do you ask?
    All of that made me laugh. Hoarder...chuckle...laugh...snort...drool...guffaw ...thud.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Thread Information