Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I cannot find the tattoo forum, so am hoping this will do

Now I'm wondering if we need a tattoo forum.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Now I'm wondering if we need a tattoo forum.
    Would there be pictures?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

One thing that always amazes me is when foreigners visit Scottish sites asking for a translation of some weird slogan for a tattoo! Mostly the phrases are unable to be translated accurately. The requester won't have a CLUE what they are willing to have inked on their body forever.... That way... Madness lies!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Would there be pictures?
    yes, please. modeled by Colin Ferrell. Or for Spartana, Sven.

Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    Mostly the phrases are unable to be translated accurately. The requester won't have a CLUE what they are willing to have inked on their body forever.... That way... Madness lies!
    My favorite is when people go for Chinese characters but have no idea what they actually say:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/r...oos-translated

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Lol. I'm 53 and only recently decided what I want for what will be my first, and probably only, tattoo. If I actually go through with it. Reflecting on the choices I made in my 20s I am quite certain that any ink from that period would have been a candidate for a painful and expensive removal process in my 50s. The difference now is that I can gather a full lifetime of experiences and hopefully a little wisdom into a tasteful expression of a message to myself. If it turns out that I regret it in my 80s I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to say, "who gives a $#!?, I'm just glad to be in my 80s!"
    So, I am guessing that it will be Tweety Bird on your ankle.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Gardenarian.....that's a really cool poem from Tina Fey! How we do worry about our kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    My favorite is when people go for Chinese characters but have no idea what they actually say:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/r...oos-translated

DS has a large character between his shoulder blades. It was supposed to be a four part process, two characters, one above the other, then shading or accents of some kind for each that gave the final meaning to the whole deal. He did the green part on the first character and never went back. Not sure if the tattoo hurt that much or if it had something to do with him breaking up with his then Chinese girlfriend. Either way, its gibberish now.

No Tweety Birds, Jilly. A fair number of onions, carrots and celery, though.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

There is an English guy who is an AKC judge for Bulldogs who has a bulldog on his P-E-N-I-S. ouch. If he gets drunk enough he will show you.

And then, this is a small-world-in-my-city story: My next door neighbor whose house is literally 1/2 inch from mine modeled at Washington University Art School for their drawing classes. That is nude modeling, of course. She had a couple of tattoos on her breasts. So she was talking to the art professor there one day about tattoos, and the art prof pulled up her shirt and showed my neighbor her bulldog tattoo. Of course my neighbor told me about this because we have bulldogs, and it turns out that the art prof showed bulldogs and I knew her because she had moved from New York to St. Louis and immediately contacted our bulldog club about membership.

But then, that's the way things are in St. Louis, it's 1 degree of separation from everyone.

One of my son's is on his neck behind ear. In black a branch with a bird sitting watching other bird fly away. Yes the big break up with X. My thought was at 25 gotcha, but at 50 will he really remember the event with such sadness? At 27 he is already healed from the big event.

Thread Information