Thread: Apology

Apology

I see that Alan closed the "Hawaii" thread so will make my apologies to Packy, and the other forums members who read my posts, here for things I said in that thread. There's no excuse for me to behave that way no matter what and it won't happen again. No one needs to respond, just wanted to say sorry for lowering the good standards of this forum. I do get a little wound up sometimes :-)!

Thanks for writing that, Spartana. I don't read posts by some of the people on this forum anymore, because I just am not interested in antagonism. Some of them reply to my posts and I don't respond or read what they say. (because this behavior wasn't corrected or moderated in the past.) (I'm not going to take the bait again.) I'm glad the thread was locked this time. It can be a really pleasant place to discuss simple living if people follow the rules.

Very gracious Spartana. I didn't even notice the upset, but I do appreciate your coming forth.

There was some trolling going on per the OP. Don't be too hard on yourself, Spartana, for taking the bait. It happens.

The typically British comeback to that provocation would be, a la Maggie Smith in Downton mode... 'Did you MEAN to be so rude?'....

Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    The typically British comeback to that provocation would be, a la Maggie Smith in Downton mode... 'Did you MEAN to be so rude?'....
    Ha Ha - I love Maggie Smith! :-)!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
    There was some trolling going on per the OP. Don't be too hard on yourself, Spartana, for taking the bait. It happens.
    Yeah hooked! I wouldn't apologize in RL, or if this weren't a public forum, or if it was a different kind of forum like some I visit (like the military ones) where no holds barred mudslinging is common. But this is a nice forum with nice people, and keeping the overall tone pleasant and respectful is something I know everyone here wants. So I do strive to do that - but oh my it's hard sometimes :-)! Like Alan, I hate to see a thread being closed for rude behavior - especially when I contributed to that.

i had missed that thread so went back to read it. i think it was very sporting of you to apologize, but really i don't think that person deserved an apology. he/she was clearly looking for a fight and really wasn't interested in a real discussion on the merits of a vacation. i think your anger was justified.
    remember, school is out now and there are lots of bored teens out there wanting to stir things up.

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post
    i had missed that thread so went back to read it. i think it was very sporting of you to apologize, but really i don't think that person deserved an apology. he/she was clearly looking for a fight and really wasn't interested in a real discussion on the merits of a vacation. i think your anger was justified.
    remember, school is out now and there are lots of bored teens out there wanting to stir things up.
    I double what Peggy said!

Thread Information