Thread: A Lazy summer day

A Lazy summer day

I had such a nice day yesterday. I took the dogs for a long hike, and then went off to the pool. It was surprisingly empty (maybe people away on vacation?) and the water was perfect. Back home to a big salad, then spent the evening reading a very good British detective novel. ("A Darker Domain" by Val McDermid.)
    Got to bed at 11 and slept till nearly 9 this morning!

Today, a walk to the farmer's market, a little necessary house cleaning, and some work in the garden, maybe another swim later today.
    I am really enjoying my summer off!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Good for you enjoying the day! Sounds wonderful.

I did something similar by working and sorting stuff to discard or save, then took off to see the encore of a Metopera production of Cenerentola or Cinderella that I loved the first viewing. I enjoyed a leisurely drive home and after walking the dog, sat on my front porch and watched the sun set. Walked the dog this am, attended church and then stopped at a lovely private garden that is open to the public with my annual membership fee, talked to the owner about some ideas for new patio and suppliers after watching a fountain display, I will walk the dog again and take it quietly today and finish mowing just a few areas before dark.

I believe what makes all this wonderful is the choice of freedom in time, activity and energy.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

That's good news. Sounds wonderful. I've been doing the same. Yesterday I took the bus to the gym. I swam, took a sauna, and relaxed in the jacuzzi. There were only a few people there. It's really been helping my hip. Hydrotherapy, I guess. For only $15.00 a month, you can't beat that! Took the bus from there to the library and checked out a book that I've been wanting. I requested it a couple of years ago, and it turns out they ordered it. Read most of it last night. Walked the dogs on the Walkydog while it was cool. Had a neighbor over to see the fruit trees.

This morning I cut back the hollyhocks and sunflowers. Gave everything a good watering, and planted seeds for pumpkins and melons. I hand pollinated the zuchinni plants, and fed all of my veggie plants compost tea. Hung out on the cool porch with a cup of vanilla coffee and read more of my book. Made up fixings for tacos and cut up some melons for a snack. Now it's time to practice my music and clean the LR. Will do some yoga at home later...

I believe what makes all this wonderful is the choice of freedom in time, activity and energy.

Yes, Razz!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Thread Information