Thread: Yet another cutting board thread.

Yet another cutting board thread.

I have a wooden cutting board that is older then me, probably by quite a bit. It is starting to split and is an odd size and square (sometimes seems small). I found a commercial size one at a damaged freight store I visit for less then what smaller ones go for in the store and I can cut it down easily enough. I may cut down the wood one where it split for small stuff, aka onion size (need to find out about refinishing then). But I need to find out what sizes you all use and recommend.
    Also for those of you with dishwashers, what sizes fit in it? (friend wants part and that would bring my cost down to less then $4) His won't fit in the dishwasher and I don't have one to find out.

I have various sizes, some quite old, all wooden. But, I have never put them in the dishwasher as washing anything wooden in the dishwasher is not recommended. I just wash them by hand and so far have had no problems.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I should say the one to cut down (and dishwasher safe) is plastic. Sorry for the confustion.

Dishwashers vary a bit in size and in how the racks are configured. I'd ask your friend what size would work for him, and go from there.

Thread Information